Canon A1 and Motor Drive MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdx4670r

Apr 17, 2004
Hi guys,

Just wondering what would be the fair market price for these sets (any range price). Condition I would say 8.5/10, minor scratches and no dents. Test the shutter and metering, should be working fine, might need lubrication. I got this set from my parents, never use for few years. I'm not familiar with manual cam.

Thanks for sharing...

I got one complete set with the motordrive for S$300 about 2 years back. Great condition and great camera. Very good feel although a bit heavy. But lenses these days are quite hard to find in the second hand shops.

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing Bro..I'm thinking to use it but then have to do CLA and buy some lenses again. Cost few hundreds..

Dont' worry, you can easily get some cheap third party lens and there's still plenty of FD 50mm F1.8 around. These are cheap too. The other lenses are difficult to get. I'm looking around for a FD 200 mm F 4 Macro and can't find it at all. Have only seen it once in Ebay in the last 3 months.

Cheers,

I've got the same system, been using it for quite a while too... Canon FD lenses are, as mentioned, hard to find except for the ubiquitous 50mm f/1.8. Try ebay, even though inherent risks are there.

It's really an excellent camera, can do everything that a modern system can do when used right, and it really trains your fundamentals. Considered one of the best pro-amateur cameras in its time, just slightly below the Canon F1.
Check out this website for more info on your camera + lens systems:
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/

PS. if your camera's really in excellent condition, price can go up to anything around S$700 plus...! The motordrive unit alone is considered a rare item, i've been hunting around for it for the longest time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.