Canon 860 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

eflash

Jun 22, 2008
Hi, I am a noobie here and will like to inquire is there any star filter available for the model ( Canon IXUS 860 IS ) stated above?

If not, how can I change the camera settings in order to take a better star-like effect photo?

The picture which I took was using long shutter, the effects not say very defined. Any tips or advice?

use a smaller aperture, ie larger aperture no. like f/8.. anyway, there are star filters out there but don't think the IXUS 860IS has a filter thread? you've to handhold the filter infront of the lens..

How do i change the aperture in canon 860 is?

frm wat i found online, u hv no way to control ur aperture manually... any night mode setting?

you can change the shooting mode to landscapes, the camera will try to get more DOF and thus will reduce the aperture
a tripod will be needed

as for the star filter, you will need to hold it in front of your lens

you can change the shooting mode to landscapes, the camera will try to get more DOF and thus will reduce the aperture
a tripod will be needed

as for the star filter, you will need to hold it in front of your lens

where do i find landscape mode?

where do i find landscape mode?

i don't have my camera with me now, so cannot spoon feed you
but i am very sure that it has scene modes

http://site-sg.canon-asia.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=digitalcamera&prod_type=ixus860is

Unlimited Creativity Possibilities

Shooting Modes
Auto, Camera M (Manual), Digital Macro, Color Accent, Color Swap, Stitch Assist, Special Scene *, Movie
* Portrait, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater

i don't have my camera with me now, so cannot spoon feed you
but i am very sure that it has scene modes

http://site-sg.canon-asia.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=digitalcamera&prod_type=ixus860is

Unlimited Creativity Possibilities

Shooting Modes
Auto, Camera M (Manual), Digital Macro, Color Accent, Color Swap, Stitch Assist, Special Scene *, Movie
* Portrait, Night Snapshot, Kids & Pets, Indoor, Foliage, Snow, Beach, Fireworks, Aquarium, Underwater

Yea, I tried out all the scene modes but cannot get well defined spokes for the star like effects. In fact the long shutter did slightly better job but still the star like effects appear for very very strong and big lights only. I tried changing my ISO to 80, but when the camera take photos, it automatically increased by itself to ISO 800.

you should set it on Manual mode or else the Auto ISO will kick in. Dont expect too much from your camera, it is still a consumer PnS.

yes set to manual and select ISO 80
you need to spend some time reading the manual and fooling around with the buttons

yes set to manual and select ISO 80
you need to spend some time reading the manual and fooling around with the buttons

It was in manual when I set to ISO 80. In auto modes there are only ISO auto and ISO high to choose from.

It was in manual when I set to ISO 80. In auto modes there are only ISO auto and ISO high to choose from.
I dont see why you can set to ISO80 in manual and still have the camera switch to ISO800. I managed to get ISO80 and 15" exposures out of mine.

28701_IMG_0242_122_198lo.JPG

Yea, can liao. This taken with ISO80 and 2"5 exposures.

Status
Not open for further replies.