Canon 60D vs 7D vs 5D vs wallet size! :P

Jazzmint90

Sep 19, 2010
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi there everyone!

would appreciate for all your pro advice! :)

Wanna upgrade my camera recently, but do not know which one to get!
Current kit includes Canon: 500D, 50mm f1.8 lens, 18-200mm lens, Ex 430II speedlite

I mostly take portraits/studio shot/food shot. and i wanna go into marco and landscape soon. Read info on full frame/ Crop sensor, still cant decide which one to get!

7d review is not bad, but 60D is quite good also, 5D is good but too ex! out of budget for now! All the reviews and test field are making me go X.X! I NEED HELP!

And what lens is best for full frame sensor/ Crop sensor?

Maybe your could give some good advice! ;)
Thanks in advance!

P.S hope to get my new chosen camera before CNY! :D

Hi there everyone!

would appreciate for all your pro advice! :)

Wanna upgrade my camera recently, but do not know which one to get!
Current kit includes Canon: 500D, 50mm f1.8 lens, 18-200mm lens, Ex 430II speedlite

I mostly take portraits/studio shot/food shot. and i wanna go into marco and landscape soon. Read info on full frame/ Crop sensor, still cant decide which one to get!

7d review is not bad, but 60D is quite good also, 5D is good but too ex! out of budget for now! All the reviews and test field are making me go X.X! I NEED HELP!

And what lens is best for full frame sensor/ Crop sensor?

Maybe your could give some good advice! ;)
Thanks in advance!

P.S hope to get my new chosen camera before CNY! :D

enough said, you do not need to buy a new camera.

rather upgrade lenses than body.

enough said, you do not need to buy a new camera.

hear hear. you seem to be gushing over specs/price/and-whatever-else-marketing-tells-you-that-you-need.

honestly, the best camera is the one you have with you. hone your skill, and you'll realize that you can save a lot of cash :D

TS I think you just start in this hobby I assume, so i think your body should be able to let you play for quite a while, and from reading you are thinking to move into macro and landscape. I think you should save the money, get a good macro lens and even a wide angle lens for landscape. Maybe can consider a tripod for your macro shoots too.

Maybe you can ask yourself why do u need to buy the new body? what is the main reason you want to buy. I think buy something that you need, hope you did not catch the BBB virus... eventually your pocket is the one that suffer... :)

Keep the body and get a macro lens and a UWA lens for landscape.

Good macro lens = Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro

Good UWA lens = Canon 10-22 f/3.5

This is simplifying it... there are many other 3rd party lens also available within these two classes. Your current camera is fine. To help you further your skills with macro and landscape, these two lens will help.

If you are suffering from BBB (which happens to many of us), then I would suggest the Canon 60D for your relief. It is a great camera and one of the most widely received Canon intermediate cameras in recent history.

7d review is not bad, but 60D is quite good also, 5D is good but too ex!

5D's current market price is probably cheapest among the three. If you find the 5D too expensive, how can you afford the 7D or 60D?

5D's current market price is probably cheapest among the three. If you find the 5D too expensive, how can you afford the 7D or 60D?

I think TS is referring to 5DII, not 5Dc.

Anyway, are you sure 5Dc is the cheapest among the 3. I think 60D is the cheapest, followed by 5Dc and then the 7D. The 5Dc price is actually at around 1.4k to 1.7k in B&S, depending on the condition.

Anyway, are you sure 5Dc is the cheapest among the 3. I think 60D is the cheapest, followed by 5Dc and then the 7D. The 5Dc price is actually at around 1.4k to 1.7k in B&S, depending on the condition.

I bought my 5D classic for 1.6k last September.

I guess I was fortunate to get one for $1200. As for TS, he might want to be more specific when talking about 1D/1Ds and 5D. If someone says '1D', I will assume he means the very first 1D, not 1D Mark II, III, IV, etc.

I guess I was fortunate to get one for $1200. As for TS, he might want to be more specific when talking about 1D/1Ds and 5D. If someone says '1D', I will assume he means the very first 1D, not 1D Mark II, III, IV, etc.

Wow, that's really cheap. Good condition with low SC? I was offered 1 at 1.3k last month, but rejected as it was a work horse for a professional. I guess most of the price of 5D actually reflect the condition. I got mine at 1.5k in almost mint condition. For me, I rather pay more for a low SC unit in good condition, but of course that's me.....

Anyway to TS if you die die must buy another camera, do consider the 5Dc. I believe it will serve what you need very well. I sold my 60D for this and never once regretted. It suits my needs better.

Wow, that's really cheap. Good condition with low SC? I was offered 1 at 1.3k last month, but rejected as it was a work horse for a professional. I guess most of the price of 5D actually reflect the condition. I got mine at 1.5k in almost mint condition. For me, I rather pay more for a low SC unit in good condition, but of course that's me.....

Anyway to TS if you die die must buy another camera, do consider the 5Dc. I believe it will serve what you need very well. I sold my 60D for this and never once regretted. It suits my needs better.

I would say mine is in fair condition. Two deep scratches on the back of camera but everything is functional. Shutter count is unknown.

I have a 7D but I find myself using the 5D a lot more. Despite not having liveview, 8FPS, dual Digic 4, etc, etc., I needed the 5D's FF sensor cos I take lots of landscape and the only UWA I have is the 17-40.

I would say mine is in fair condition. Two deep scratches on the back of camera but everything is functional. Shutter count is unknown.

I have a 7D but I find myself using the 5D a lot more. Despite not having liveview, 8FPS, dual Digic 4, etc, etc., I needed the 5D's FF sensor cos I take lots of landscape and the only UWA I have is the 17-40.

I guess we belong to the same group of people who really appreciate what this "old lady" can do. The 5Dc is not for someone who goes in search of the latest technology, but for people who wants great output from their shots. I am only using primes now. Landscape and portraits are what I do, with 70% going to portraits.

...and I thought I was the only one! I find that I use my 5D far more than my 7D. The 17-40 lens that is on the front of my 5D stays on almost all the time. The only thing I really miss when using the 5D is live-view.

ya dont need the speed, ya dont need the swivel lcd, 5d's ya best choice

but if ya are talking bout the 2nd mark, then the better

bare in mind that ff lenses are not as cheap as ya think brudda

ya see, ya gears are already sufficient for ya needs - ya have a fast prime, a very good general range lens, and even a speedlite

I guess we belong to the same group of people who really appreciate what this "old lady" can do. The 5Dc is not for someone who goes in search of the latest technology, but for people who wants great output from their shots. I am only using primes now. Landscape and portraits are what I do, with 70% going to portraits.

...and I thought I was the only one! I find that I use my 5D far more than my 7D. The 17-40 lens that is on the front of my 5D stays on almost all the time. The only thing I really miss when using the 5D is live-view.
5Dc is really value for money. 5DII might be joining the 'c' club as 5Dcii soon. ;)

Anson said:
Question to TS.... is your current kit holding you back? :dunno:

Sometime I think is the fps and the flexibility to arrange the "k" value. Unlike 500d only can choose between diff mode, cloudy, daylight etc.

raydio said:
Good macro lens = Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro

Good UWA lens = Canon 10-22 f/3.5

This is simplifying it... there are many other 3rd party lens also available within these two classes. Your current camera is fine. To help you further your skills with macro and landscape, these two lens will help.

If you are suffering from BBB (which happens to many of us), then I would suggest the Canon 60D for your relief. It is a great camera and one of the most widely received Canon intermediate cameras in recent history.

:) 10-22 mm have been on my list for long time!

Just another question. I was thinking to try out convertor for Marco shot. Is there a big difference b/w a convertor and Marco lens?

Thanks