Canon 60D vs 7D vs 5D vs wallet size! :P

hi zurichdo,

is the difference really so great? i hear different views from time to time... some say the difference is great, and then i have even seen pros using crop bodies...

:)

If you take lots of portraits like me, then I personally feel there is a big difference. Please dun flame me, I just base on my experience. What I see and what you see and perceive may be different. You got to use it to really feel the difference yourself. :)

If you take lots of portraits like me, then I personally feel there is a big difference. Please dun flame me, I just base on my experience. What I see and what you see and perceive may be different. You got to use it to really feel the difference yourself. :)

Well, if you're talking about DOF, then fair enough, FF has shallower DOF given same settings, etc.

I'm just very doubtful that there is any improved "performance" beyond that.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Cheers.

Have your bought second hand body from Clubsnap before? What are the things to look out for?

Eg, how to check shutter count and how to test the camera when reviewing?

Is there a high chance of the out of warranty camera to break down when we buy second hand?

How to test if the camera is working well?

Pardon me for these silly questions! And thanks!

Well, if you're talking about DOF, then fair enough, FF has shallower DOF given same settings, etc.

I'm just very doubtful that there is any improved "performance" beyond that.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Cheers.

welcome back :)

FF is disadvantage without the crop factor.

A 100mm is strictly a 100mm on FF but on a crop body, it "extends" at 160mm due to crop factor which brings you closer to the macro subject.

With a FF, I can take a picture and crop it myself in post processing to 'extend its reach' by 1.6x, 1.3x, even 2.0x or more. But if I take a picture with a 1.6x crop body, I can't 'widen' the picture because that information was never captured.

Of course, a higher mp FF body works better, like the 21mp 1Ds3 and 5D2.

With a FF, I can take a picture and crop it myself in post processing to 'extend its reach' by 1.6x, 1.3x, even 2.0x or more. But if I take a picture with a 1.6x crop body, I can't 'widen' the picture because that information was never captured.

Of course, a higher mp FF body works better, like the 21mp 1Ds3 and 5D2.

yes, but if you are going to start to do the cropping job for a number of photos (> 50) it is going to be very tedious. Taken into account if you want to do some PP to the photos as well.

cropping is not automated, you had to select the area where you want to crop. unless you have a fix style and you always shoot your macro subject top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right or even center, then u can fix your crop position.

so if you have a large number of photos, u are going to crop until you give up.

this is the advantage that crop camera have over FF, it saves you the job of cropping.

Last edited: