Canon 60D or Nikon D7000

supercool

May 20, 2009
Hi Bro and Sis,

I'm confusing which one to get. I using D90 and D300s before but never had experience with any of Canon DSLR. I'm thinking to get one now and can't decide which one to go for :confused:. I'm want to set my budget to $2000 if possible to get body with 18-200 lens (VR or IS). Hoping to get all the positive inputs for decision making. Thanks...

Hi Bro and Sis,

I'm confusing which one to get. I using D90 and D300s before but never had experience with any of Canon DSLR. I'm thinking to get one now and can't decide which one to go for :confused:. I'm want to set my budget to $2000 if possible to get body with 18-200 lens (VR or IS). Hoping to get all the positive inputs for decision making. Thanks...

What's important is how YOU feel...it's best to go to the stores and see which one you like more.You can't go wrong with any of them or any other brands you shortlist. Nothing beats the hands on experience. my $0.02

What's important is how YOU feel...it's best to go to the stores and see which one you like more.You can't go wrong with any of them or any other brands you shortlist. Nothing beats the hands on experience. my $0.02
Thanks Bro... I'm no need high VDO recording feature. My main concern is quality and price of lens... My previous experience with D300s, after purchased 2 basic lens, I can't afford to buy anymore lens. So I decide to go for Pentax which I currently using. Lens price are cheap but not satisfied with image quality :(

Stick with your D300S. don't tell us you sold it liao...

anyway with $2k budget is not enough to get D7000 and 18-200.

if you are going to blame your equipment every time (aka nikon cannot take good photos with basic lens, pentax also cannot take good photo), i suggest you to quit photography rather than wasting the 2k.......

Thanks Bro... I'm no need high VDO recording feature. My main concern is quality and price of lens... My previous experience with D300s, after purchased 2 basic lens, I can't afford to buy anymore lens. So I decide to go for Pentax which I currently using. Lens price are cheap but not satisfied with image quality :(

I wonder what will happen when the Pentaxians read this..And btw, imo, if you are talking about IQ, it's about the LENS not really about the body.

Last edited:

It's the same with ALL Camera brands... The better lenses are always expensive. That's the cost of DSLR photography.

FYI, in terms of image quality between the 3 brands you listed, I would rate Pentax first, Nikon second, Canon third (based on overall experience and the vast number of reviews out there). If you are still struggling with "image quality" I think the real problem is behind the camera, not in front of it. Buying a "better" camera will not improve your images.

It's the same with ALL Camera brands... The better lenses are always expensive. That's the cost of DSLR photography.

FYI, in terms of image quality between the 3 brands you listed, I would rate Pentax first, Nikon second, Canon third (based on overall experience and the vast number of reviews out there). If you are still struggling with "image quality" I think the real problem is behind the camera, not in front of it. Buying a "better" camera will not improve your images.

agree to his as well.

supercool said:

Why r u blaming your equipment for image quality?

Will u want to post some lousy pics for us to critic first? We will tell whether it's the equipment or it's u who is lousy.

'cannot swim, don't blame your swimming trucks'

How about trying camera rental for the answer?

pro is what camera take photo , also look nice =D canon user here, but still suggest u to get D7000

TS... you would need to ask youself, what you didn't like about Nikon... if it was just the price of lens... then I suggest you not buy any cameras. Like what Raskhae said, all good lenses of any brands costed very much... (btw... just my opinion, I do not think Canon's image quality came behind Nikon and Pentax... and I don't think Nikon's quality came behind Pentax or that Pentax would lose up to any other brands of cameras. They are all the same, all of them have their good and bad and all of them take very very good photos).

Plus IQ of a photo is not the only thing that matters. Composition of a photo is more important... a photo doesn't even have to be very sharp and clear...

Thank you all for your valuable advise. I understand the man behind camera is more important but some time if you equipment is not good enough for the situation, you will be very frustrated. Most of the time I'm facing under or over expose in my shots with my current body. I'm not saying Pentax is not good, but I'm saying that I'm not get well with it. When I'm using Nikon from D40 to D90 to D300s, most of the time I was satisfy with my shots.

What was ur reason when hopping over to pentax? Maybe u could retrace ur reasons previously as a guideline for ur next decision?

Takes some time to re-learn again... different camera system also perform differently. Enjoy your photography and make good imaging. :)

Thank you all for your valuable advise. I understand the man behind camera is more important but some time if you equipment is not good enough for the situation, you will be very frustrated. Most of the time I'm facing under or over expose in my shots with my current body. I'm not saying Pentax is not good, but I'm saying that I'm not get well with it. When I'm using Nikon from D40 to D90 to D300s, most of the time I was satisfy with my shots.

Then stick with Nikon... since you are more sure of Nikon than you are with Pentax... (although I don't understand why). But a camera is a tool and you must be comfortable with your tools.

As for Canon, well... you must try it first... I have seen excellent photos from Canon's camera... but read lousy reviews of that said camera (so... was it really that lousy?)

Then stick with Nikon... since you are more sure of Nikon than you are with Pentax... (although I don't understand why). But a camera is a tool and you must be comfortable with your tools.

As for Canon, well... you must try it first... I have seen excellent photos from Canon's camera... but read lousy reviews of that said camera (so... was it really that lousy?)

yes... lol

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe most amateur photographers these days take photos for online sharing only..at least for me that's what i do :)
And with online sharing, doesn't really matter what camera you use..the IQ is not going to be important at such low res anyways…
Personally, anything looks good on Facebook haha..

spinworkxroy said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe most amateur photographers these days take photos for online sharing only..at least for me that's what i do :)
And with online sharing, doesn't really matter what camera you use..the IQ is not going to be important at such low res anyways…
Personally, anything looks good on Facebook haha..

Well, there's flickr and photobucket. At higher resolution, flaws will start appearing if you are not careful with ur shot.

I heard ppl under sharpen for FB these days as they do auto sharpening to photos. I did not confirm if this sharpening from FB is true.

Hi Bro and Sis,

u can go to youtube and search for it... digitalrevtv did compare both of them.. d7k did win 60d in that review..