Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. It's a good time to upgrade.

I can start saving my year end bonus for either a lower price 5D MK2 or a new 5D MK3. ;)

There will have no 5DIII, 1DS4.

Cheers.

eleveninth said:
in your own world.

Haha yea. Canon already announced that all 1-series will be combined into the 1DX.

Lets see whether the rumour is accurate when the time comes!

Haha yea. Canon already announced that all 1-series will be combined into the 1DX.

Lets see whether the rumour is accurate when the time comes!

So 5D Series and 7D Series to combine into the EOS 6D (average of 5D and 7D)? Full Frame, 8fps, weather sealing, 100% viewfinder, 20++ cross sensors etc?

So 5D Series and 7D Series to combine into the EOS 6D (average of 5D and 7D)? Full Frame, 8fps, weather sealing, 100% viewfinder, 20++ cross sensors etc?

If Canon is going to introduce a new series, it should be EOS 3D, since the specs of the camera is sandwiched between the 1D and 5D!

:hammer:Hm...then 5DmkII's price going to drop,drop,drop...Good time to get then.Hahaha!!!:blah:

Good to get the mkII then... prices will drop...

As for the mkIII, my advise is to leave it for awhile, wait till it had start to stablise... trust me, there always are some teething problem with consumer electronic when they are being push out into the market... and although later firmware release and other stuff will help to solve your problem... you might still be frustrated for the first few months of owning that product.

i'd get 2 x m2 so i can magic lantern both.

eleveninth said:
i'd get 2 x m2 so i can magic lantern both.

What's 'magic lantern'??

whatever they call it next time, i do hope that the replacement for 5DmkII would be a combination of current 5DII with 7D... but then again, wouldnt this sounds more like 1D???

From Thom Hogan's blog (bythom.com):
"Sometime in early 2012 we're going to have the full FX body updates from both Canon and Nikon. In the case of the 5DII and D700 follow ups, there will be substantive pixel increases (the rumors put both in the 30's)."

Elsewhere he says this:
"... the camera makers--specifically Nikon and Canon--had concluded about pixels versus target customer. My conclusion: they think that the amateur/enthusiast will respond more to pixels, the professional more to low-level pixel integrity. Thus, we'll get more pixels in the lower cost bodies."

Thom Hogan's leaks (NOT his predictions though) are typically spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.