canon 550ex vs metz mecablitz 45CL-4

550ex or metz mecablitz 45 CL-4 more powerful?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicboy

Mar 7, 2004
Changi
which one is more powerful in terms of flash power?(pls do not anyhow vote if u dunno..)

Some would say that 54 Metz mecablitz is more powerful than the 550EX.

If I ever have to replace my flash, I would try that one out.

agape01 said:
Some would say that 54 Metz mecablitz is more powerful than the 550EX.

If I ever have to replace my flash, I would try that one out.

Don't think so, should be quite similar ....... since one is GN 54, the other is GN55 ..... both are very good flash with constant lights.

But 45 CL-4 is definately less powerful but more versatile....

the 45CL-4 is more powerful in terms of light output. but it lacks a zoom head to focus the light.

so at 35mm and for bounce, it'll trounce the 550. For direct flash with long lenses, the 550 has a slight edge.

i own both the metz 45cl-4 hammer head and the metz 54mz-3. both have its disadvanage and disadvanage.

metz 45cl-4 :- heavy.... you will be tired off if you shoot with this the whole day. lighting kind of a bit unbalance cos is not place in the center of the camera if mounted on bracket. good for bounce flash....espeacially in low ceiling room.... and very good for table to table shoot-out during wedding dinner.

metz 54mz-3:- lighter than the hammer head. zoom head give good long range flash shots. a bit poor in dim ball-room shooting unless your shutter speed can goes as low as 1/20 or 1/15 at f5.6.

so.......during covering weddings....day time with metz 54mz-3 and dinner with metz 45cl-4...unless i know that the dinner arena is a super-bright one.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.