Canon 550D Kit 1 + 55-250mm lens or Kit 2?

Janeth

Jan 26, 2007
Please advice.

TYIA

Last edited:
kit 2. cause its got a good range.

with kit 1 + 55-250, if one lens got problem still got one more.

kit 2. cause its got a good range.
sorry, what does it mean by a good range? what are price difference between kit 1 and kit 2? cause i'm intending to buy 550D but unsure of the lens to purchase. thanks!

sorry, what does it mean by a good range? what are price difference between kit 1 and kit 2? cause i'm intending to buy 550D but unsure of the lens to purchase. thanks!

do a search. dun expect us to spoonfeed u. this kind of topic has been asked to death.

2lenses are better than one. once ur a higher lvl u will appreciate the need to change lenses. face it. getting a dslr is so tat u can change lenses. if u dun u are better off with a pns with good range.

It's the range of focal length covered by the lenses.
Canon Price Guide
The focal length of kit2 lens is longer (135mm) compared to kit 1 (55mm). If unsure, get the kit1 lens first and see which kind of photography you are in. Use the $ not spend on kit2 to get other necessary items (dry cabinet / dry box, cleaning kit, tripod ...?).
Get other lenses once you know when and why you need them. No point getting lenses first and then "let's see for what to use".

with kit 1 + 55-250, if one lens got problem still got one more.

Given a choice, I prefer the Canon 18-200mm IS instead of the dual lens combination. Details are as follow:

What make me choose my 18-200mm instead of the dual kits lens:

* Better built quality(subjective)
* Shorter min focus distance in telephoto range compared to the 55-250mm
* Non-rotating front element (good for CPL & GND)
* "Rotation" Speed (it is faster to turn your zoom ring then to switch the body/lens)
* Less haste (don't need to carry extra lens or body during event shooting)
* Only need to purchase 1 set of hood & lens (UV, CPL, etc)

Technical discussion with photos can be found: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481860

Hi, If possible, just get body separately and 15-85mm later. They are a better combo.

There is no 550d + 18-200 combo
Need to buy separately

Thanks for all your advice. I have decided to go for 2 lenses, but I see that it is harder to maintain and changing lens out door is not recommended?

Bruh(Octarine), Where's the best place to purchase tripod and external flash here in singapore ?
Do giv me some suggestion too evryone if ykno ;)

Last edited:
Bruh(Octarine), Where's the best place to purchase tripod and external flash here in singapore ?

Try going down to CP or TK for tripod.For flash,almost every shop has it:)

Thanks for all your advice. I have decided to go for 2 lenses, but I see that it is harder to maintain and changing lens out door is not recommended?
true at first but the more you do, the easier it becomes.

CP ? TK ? Don't get tha shortform. Thanks anw;)

There is no "best place" - depending on luck, good negotiation skills and goodwill of various gods you might get best deals everywhere. Do your homework (check models, features, define your needs and wants), study the price guide, call the shops for quotes / email for e-quotes.

If don't change lens, buy DSLR for what ?
As well stick to a prosumer camera

Advise is don't buy the kit lens.. Canon kit lens never to shout about

If you are concerned about covering the focal length with a single lens, do save up a bit more for a 18-200mm, for greater convenience & image quality than the kit lens.

But of course that's me.. different ppl different thinking