Canon 550D, how to shoot so dark eye circle, pimples and acne won't be so clear?

Essilor

Apr 7, 2012
Hi I am going overseas with gf soon, we tried shooting with canon 550d and the photo taken are not very nice as in facial acne, panda eyes etc is very clear. I used a sony camera with softsnap function last time and every shot taken can actually help to cover acne etc. I don't know how it works but seems like the function automatically increase the light contrast?

My question is are there any mode or ways to take the shot with 550D but decrease the clarity of the face? The shots we took are very clear, clear of cause is good but sometimes too clear shows everything.

Hi I am going overseas with gf soon, we tried shooting with canon 550d and the photo taken are not very nice as in facial acne, panda eyes etc is very clear. I used a sony camera with softsnap function last time and every shot taken can actually help to cover acne etc. I don't know how it works but seems like the function automatically increase the light contrast?

My question is are there any mode or ways to take the shot with 550D but decrease the clarity of the face? The shots we took are very clear, clear of cause is good but sometimes too clear shows everything.

Ask your gf to wear makeup to cover up the flaws as much as possible... and do that most TV series/MTV producers do, slightly overexpose the picture by 0.3 to 0.7 stops. If all else fails there is this....

[vid]S_vVUIYOmJM[/vid]

DSLR cameras will require more effort on your part, but the rewards can be greater. That's why, for simple travel, it's good to have a compact camera too.

Essilor said:

Ask your gf to drink alot of water, eat less oily food and sleep early. That should take care of the acne and panda eyes.

If nt u can use a shallow dof and aim behind her, sure cannot see the flaws then.

DSLR cannot beautify your girlfriend like what makeup can do.

want to look good? have a proper diet and body maintenance routine, else shop the photos in post.

Seen those beauty facial shot of models on cosmetic billboard? it's the combined effort of model, makeup and photoshop. And among them, usually photoshop did the most work on retouching.

That why I like to use FujiFilm Camera for protrait.

The noise reduction help to smooth the skin :bsmilie:

Make people ten years younger and more beautiful :bsmilie:

If I use other cameras, I need to use photoshop to remove the flaw.

Overexpose a bit lah.. difficult to explain the lighting, location, surround, etc plays a part too. Would u believe if I were to tell you her complexion is like a cheeseburger? You can't remove her blemishes via cam but you can trick your way
16i5kxh.jpg

Wear make up. Liquid foundation first then apply concealer on those really obvious spot. Then loose powder.

Still cannot? Photoshop.

Still cannot? Change gf.

Going holiday, the simplest is to just use a brighter/sheer glowing type bb cream. She probably already has something suitable for her skin. Very convenient, 1 tube+1min can settle liao.

share a tip with you,

during the good old days when we shoot film and photoshop is not born yet, and the computer as huge as a 1 room flat.
we cheapo photographers have no money to buy zeiss softar filter, also no money for Nikon soft 1 and soft 2 filters,

we will buy Vaseline and a super cheap UV filter,
attach the filter on to the lens, and apply the some vaseline on the filter,

voila, you have a one of it kind homemade soft filter, can transform an auntie to a chio bu in no time.

u can put a sock over your lens .

Hi thanks for the replies guys.

Actually its not my gf is me and guys don't wear make up or apply powder etc thus the cover up method doesnt work for me. Not trying to beautify myself in reality, I just want to take some good shots during my overseas trip and keep for memories. I think the photos wil be alot so photoshop editing method is out too thus my question on whether on the 550d function whether got any tricks to shoot so the skin looks softer like overexpose more etc and what is the best mode to use when taking portraits?

Actually its not my gf is me and guys don't wear make up or apply powder etc thus the cover up method doesnt work for me. Not trying to beautify myself in reality, I just want to take some good shots during my overseas trip and keep for memories. I think the photos wil be alot so photoshop editing method is out too thus my question on whether on the 550d function whether got any tricks to shoot so the skin looks softer like overexpose more etc and what is the best mode to use when taking portraits?

wear sunglasses and clone tool in ps.

A DSLR is not a magic wand...

Practical and technical advice have been given but not exact details.In photoshop there is a tool call surface blur
which can "improve skin blemishes" and there are dedicated plugins for portaiture just for this purpose but of course you said there will be many photos so may be not practical.

On the health front in the system of chinese medicine,toxins are cleared or removed from the body and one of the ways is via the skin (This can be expressed as pus filled pimples and itchy patches.).The skin is the third lung just like the real lung so that's how important it is.The term is detoxification or detox for short.Food can be used as medicine and I'm sure your present diet is not optimal plus sleep for recuperation.

Quote, "The condition of the skin,hair and nails refects the state of the Kidneys and Liver.These organs are all closely related to the Blood so herbs to cool or nourish the Blood may be used.
Source: Chinese Herbal Secrets, Stefan Chmelik , ISBN07171 2867 9

If you have the time ,take a week or two to detox before your trip.Refrain from eating favourite foods like meat.Eat more vegetables,seaweed,garlic and toufu and drink chrysanthmum,green tea avoid cold drinks.
Drink adequate amount of water. It also means take time to relax,be calm and I believe what this trip is for also.

I'm sure you can do further research for the benefit of your health.Good day.

Maximum noise reduction and minimum details in PS lol

This is 2012. Guys can wear make-up. Not to the extend of putting fake eyelashes or mascara. Just a thin layer of bb cream will even out your skin tone and cover up most of the flaws. Plus it has a bit of sun block effect...kinda like applying camo cream.:bsmilie: All it takes is just 1min. Get something with medium coverage and must match with your skin tone.