Canon 50D RAW files probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

aHxi-o

Aug 31, 2006
Bedok Reservoir
Hihi!

I'm facing some problems with Canon 50D RAW files.

I did some googling and realised that CS2 is unable to read 50D RAW files, due to the Camera Raw plug-in. I downloaded a CS4 trial version, with Camera Raw Plug-in v5.0 but it is still unable to read. :(

Also, when on Photomatix, the RAW files will produce an erroneous merge.

Anyone else out there facing the same prob? Any solutions?

Help please!

You will need the 5.1 update which can be downloaded fm the adobe site.

You will need the 5.1 update which can be downloaded fm the adobe site.

yup. i tried to manual update and auto update. but it doesnt allow me to update. do i have to register first?

Hmmm... maybe the trial ver cant be updated... I ve the same problem with cs3. Guess will have to wait for them to update the older cs or need to go 'find' cs4.;)

Just use DPP to process your RAW file la... It comes free with your camera anyway ..?? :dunno:

Hmmm... maybe the trial ver cant be updated... I ve the same problem with cs3. Guess will have to wait for them to update the older cs or need to go 'find' cs4.;)

alright. yup. i'm looking around for cs4 now... :bsmilie:

Hi..does anyone knows of 50D anyother problems?, cos i'm intending to get 50D this coming SITEX....

Hi..does anyone knows of 50D anyother problems?, cos i'm intending to get 50D this coming SITEX....

I think that 50D is a great cam. Feels great in my hands and takes good photos. I'm happy with it :bsmilie: However, I'm just into dSLR and am still too noob to give a good comment/review.

The only prob I have is with the RAW files, but certainly, future updates of various softwares will support the RAW.

Be sure to get the 50D!

I think that 50D is a great cam. Feels great in my hands and takes good photos. I'm happy with it :bsmilie: However, I'm just into dSLR and am still too noob to give a good comment/review.

The only prob I have is with the RAW files, but certainly, future updates of various softwares will support the RAW.

Be sure to get the 50D!

Hi..aHxi-o i juz saw HN sold 50D body only at $2099.... how much u get yours? :think: wonder will it be HN at SITEX or better offer.. will certainly go for it!

Hi..aHxi-o i juz saw HN sold 50D body only at $2099.... how much u get yours? :think: wonder will it be HN at SITEX or better offer.. will certainly go for it!

refer to bblurrr for the cam pricing list. i used that too!

I got a kit I for $2100, at MS Color. Not sure if dSLRs will be going at better prices at IT fairs.

I've been to such fairs before, and usu canon or high-name retailers (like harvey norman, gain city) will be carrying such cams, and the prices are not competitive. At most they'll throw in quite some goodies, which you may be able to get 'em outside too.

Btw, MS Color provides very good service!

Wad's HN?

Status
Not open for further replies.