Canon 50D , Busy signal , cannot take photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnathas

Oct 28, 2008
i have a canon 50D and 70-200mm F4 L USM lens
i have couple newbie questions
when i take pictures in low-light condition , the small screen ( pathviewer or something ) got a busy signal , my flash keep flashing very fast and i cannot take photos also , this happen when i use AF ..and also the F4 on the spec display screen also blinking
This wont happen again when i change to MF but i still prefer to AF but cant take photos with that condition...
Thanks in advance

when i take pictures in low-light condition , the small screen ( pathviewer or something ) got a busy signal , my flash keep flashing very fast and i cannot take photos also , this happen when i use AF ..and also the F4 on the spec display screen also blinking
This wont happen again when i change to MF but i still prefer to AF but cant take photos with that condition...
Thanks in advance

Thats the problem..... :thumbsup:

got a busy signal , my flash keep flashing very fast

usually this mean other party engage... must dial later

i am not a canon user, but it sounds like your camera cannot find anything to focus on, is the focus motor whirring like mad while all this is going on?

usually this mean other party engage... must dial later

:bsmilie:

ok back to topic, bcos in AF, your cam needs to focus on something in order to release the shutter. in low light, usually it will hunt for the subject thus unable to focus unless you change it to MF mode.

anyway, wat are u tryin to shoot? and at wat time of the day?

It pays to read the manual. Error messages are explained there. Shutter cannot be released as long as focus is not obtained when in AF mode. Flash is firing as AF assistance to illuminate the object. But that only helps for a short range. Seems your object is too far away.
Point to something that has a better contrast (colour, pattern) to support the AF system. Alternatively switch to manual focus.

During low light conditions and you have the pop-up flash on, the cam will trigger the pop-up flash to assist focusing. The pop-up flash will flash multiple times until you get the right focus.

But do take note that the pop-up flash needs to rest once in a while to prevent the bulb from burning up. This is a safety measure that's why you see a "Busy" signal.

Unfortunately, it happens that the pop-up flash needs to rest the moment you are able get focus confirmation.

.. Don't worry, there's no prob with you cam. This is normal.. and yes, it sucks that it happens.

Thanks in advance

hi TS, you've got PM. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.