canon 500D close up lens

kaixinxuan

Mar 27, 2012
Hi may i know how much is the lens and where will i be able to get it in singapore? Thanks :)

Hi may i know how much is the lens and where will i be able to get it in singapore? Thanks :)

There are alot of camera shop near Funan which u can get it.. U can also give them a call and they able to quote to you without going down.. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/price-guides/931506-canon-price-lists-singapore-2011-a.html..RMB Retail shop will be abit cheaper so must compare price from canon website.. Before u buy.. DSLRs - EF lenses - Canon Singapore - Personal

kaixinxuan said:

There isn't a lens called the 500D close up lens. Canon has a range of macro lenses, you have to specify which lens it is.

Sorry I am referring to close up filter. I read about it on the canon website that I can use close up filter as an alternative to Marco lens for close up picture. However I am unable to find the price on canon website. Thus posted here to enquire.

kaixinxuan said:
Sorry I am referring to close up filter. I read about it on the canon website that I can use close up filter as an alternative to Marco lens for close up picture. However I am unable to find the price on canon website. Thus posted here to enquire.

I think you should check out Raynox close-up filters. A lot of people are using with good results

As recommended by Spree, check out Raynox close-up filters. You can find them in the Mass Sales section.

It comes with 2 version. Raynox 150 and 250. The 250 will give you lesser working distance (aprox 12cm) but larger magnification. And the 150 will give you aprox 25cm working distance but at a reduced magnification as compared to 250. It is possible to stack the 150 and 250 (IIRC). Each of these cost abt 120+ If I recall..

Also do check out the compatibility charts if you are about to buy one.

The below was shot using my 55-250 @55mm and Raynox 250. You can also find tons of images on the Flickr group for Raynox. *At 55mm on the 55-250 there will be vignetting, but not on the 18-55's 55mm*

For more macro tips and sorts, visit the subsection for Macro: Macros and Close-ups

- Also do check out reversed prime lens if you are reaalllly short on budget. Usually people use the 50 f1.8 for this as it's one of the cheapest prime around (if not the cheapest)...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

this lens can usually be found in the buy&sell forum, sold second hand for about $100. drop me a PM if you need help looking for one to buy.

TS; Please read this sticky thread as well to understand what other stuff is in the market and what to expect. The pictures should be self-explaining. Just be careful whatever you intend to buy. It does not hurt to step back and clarify.

Don mean to go OT but besides using a close up filter you can also use a extension tube.
bad point lost of light. good point no lost in IQ and manual extension tube cost bout $30-$50