Canon 450D vs Nikon D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

j14nhAo

Oct 21, 2008
Hi,

I'm a totally newbie and wanted to get a SLR to start this interests on photography.

I'm not sure which SLR to buy so like to hear some advices from the experts.
Based on this 2 models: Canon 450D & Nikon D80,
which one is a better choice and why?

Thanks!!

Nick

using for what?

General uses.

I'm just started of on photography.
Many stuffs I'm still learning and don't know.

I do not have a particular theme I like to shoot.

Generally, I would like to use SLR for many things like a PnS.

Does that ans your qns?

i believe both cameras cannot be compared, thou both have the ability to produce good picture. What is your budget? I will choose the 450d over the d80.

Why do you say they cannot be compared?

My budget is $900. Hoping to get at a lower price so that I can get a dry cabinet :)

Why do you choose 450D over D80?

I go for 450D ;p I think it's easier to use hehehe

Please try a search. There have been many exact same threads already.

I believe with new thread, more new advices will be given. :)

Sorry if I go against e rule.

I believe with new thread, more new advices will be given. :)

Sorry if I go against e rule.

I believe most expert in here will say the same thing. Go to a camera shop and try both cam. See which one u're most comfy with. Both camera can deliver good pictures. It's going to be your cam and in your hands, so I guess the most important thing is, it needs to be and feel good in your hands.

Anyway, i'm a newbie too. No offense.:D

do you like red or yellow?

i was also looking at these 2 models, however i ended up with a 1000d. i'm not a professional photographer. my reasons for wanting a dslr are simple. i wanted camera that is capable of wider angles & further reach compared to my previous prosumer, yet still with liveview available. (although i never used it since i got the camera) the fact that my prosumer had a scratched lens, LCD screen and lousy battery life. another reason because i liked my canon camera a lot so stick with canon.

i think both the 450d & d80 are equally good cameras to start with. so what do you wanna do with the camera?

General uses.

I'm just started of on photography.
Many stuffs I'm still learning and don't know.

I do not have a particular theme I like to shoot.

Generally, I would like to use SLR for many things like a PnS.

Does that ans your qns?
The 450D is more value for money compared to the more expensive Nikon D80 but i do feel the 1000D would be a better value compare to both of them if sticking to Nikon or Canon.

But if you dont know what you are looking for, try looking for 2nd hand Canon 400D. Should fit your budget with enough savings for the accessories like dry box and so on. Once you figure out what you prefer to shoot, can get the appropriate system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.