Canon 450D LCD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertsy2

Jul 22, 2009
I've found my LCD would sometimes not come back after I take a shot. I know that there is a proximity sensor under the viewfinder, and there doesn't appear to be any oil or gunk on it. Once I needed to just shut it off and once I just pressed the shutter a few times and then it came back. Anyone else seeing this problem?

could it because your nose is touching it?

i agree with the abv. maybe ur nose or something blocking it. its usually a stupid error on photographer side. i used to do tat a lot too:p

How can I LOOK at the screen with my nose touching it, you idiots?

I'm looking for help, not morons.

Let me drive this thread back to where it should start off.

When you said that the strange behaviour occur, does it affect the playback mode? When you press your menu button, does the screen appears?

For now, what you can do is to turn off the sensor in the camera settings and see if this strange problem still remain.

I'm looking for help, not morons.

u seriously need attitude help. we merely suggest there is the possibility of stuff blocking it. if u think we are idiots and morons, ur the greater moron for not googling it first.

if ur not hear to learn and u have a wrong attitude, none of us will bother to help u.;(

Guys, cool down. Maybe TS was anxious since he encountered this problem the first time & got a little hotheaded thus replying in a rather abrupt manner.

There's a few things that I'd do as a "layman":

1. Check menu settings, e.g. preview time

2. Remove CF card and try shooting without - does image appear properly?

3. Check if Camera has latest firmware update

4. Do a factory default reset

5. Go to see camera doctor.

Cheers!

Set the Preview time to four or eight seconds to delay the shut-off countdown. I typically find it too short otherwise to have a good look at the image result.

i actually have the same issue on my 450D as the TS. i just pop the battery out and back in and am shooting again. I guess I should go down and have it checked by Canon while warranty still avail. get off my lazy butt...;p

I'm tempted not to even post here after reading the TS's replies.

It happens to me every now and then, about once a shoot (couple of hours). I just switch it off and back on again and its fine. It seems like a fairly common problem so I'm not fussed about it.

Some other things to check would be that long exposure noise reduction is off as this will result in a black out time as long as the shooting time while the camera reads noise from the sensors.

Last edited:
i agree with the abv. maybe ur nose or something blocking it. its usually a stupid error on photographer side. i used to do tat a lot too:p

This could have been the trigger for the reaction by the TS. But it is still not an excuse for the TS to resort to name calling.

I suggest that allenleonhart also mind your language when posting - an error is an error why need the word "stupid" . A warning given.

Status
Not open for further replies.