Canon 430ex or Nissin di866? pls help... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatwell83

May 10, 2009
Cebu
Hi,

Pls help me decide w/c external flash should i buy... Both are close in price and i can't decide w/c one is better... for those who have used the 2 items pls give me your inputs... your pros and cons on the item...

thanks in advance....

btw.. im using a canon 450d dslr camera...

I wonder if we could try out the nissin before commiting. :)

Hi,

Pls help me decide w/c external flash should i buy... Both are close in price and i can't decide w/c one is better... for those who have used the 2 items pls give me your inputs... your pros and cons on the item...

thanks in advance....

btw.. im using a canon 450d dslr camera...

better get the original flash, the copycat flash reversed enginers the ETTL so may not work well with canon eos camera should u chose to upgrade the body in futures.

thanks for the inputs... im leaning towards the nissin di866 but since its a new item it may have downsides that photographers haven't seen or discovered...

they said the nissin di866 even more powerful than the canon 580ex... is this true?

Need more comments and suggestions... :D

tnx

From what I know, Nissin does provide firmware updates for this flash and end users are able to plug the flash via USB to update the firmware.

No doubt canon original gives the best compability, but as a 3rd flash user, I also like to try a more powerful 3rd party flash.

Manufacture like Tamron, Sigma and Tokina also does reverse engineering for their lens and there are people who use them. Sigma reserve engineer flashes too.

According to spec yes. The stated GN for di866 is 60 compare to 58 for 580EX. And it has colour LCD too..

But one thing 3rd party rarely can beat the originals is the built. The original flash are almost always have better built.

they said the nissin di866 even more powerful than the canon 580ex... is this true?

Also need to consider the after-sales-service if the flash has problems in the future

Any1 who has tried using the Nissin di866???

what i love about the nissin di866 is its price... i'm just not sure if its a "BANG for the BUCK".

thnx again... HOPING more inputs to come... specially to those who have tried to use the nissin di866 and canon 430ex.

I'm also choosing between this 2 but end up bought my canon 580exII today..

ROFL, but it is a good futureproof investment. :D
And overbudgetted this month right. :D:D

Limsgp,
Agree on that. Canon 580EXII is one of the best study flash around. 430EXII is pretty normal.

BTW, interested in Di866, read the manual first lor... lolx
http://www.reddotphoto.com.sg/images/nissin/Nissin Di866 Canon manual.pdf

Last edited:
I changed my mind, i'm now inclined to buy the canon 430ex II, i just saw the nissin di866 and i wasnt impress with its built and it was kinda bulky for me... so i'm thnking canon will be a better choice...

any1 wants to convince me to buy the nissin??? hehehehehe

btw, i'm planning to buy this next week... where can i buy this at the best and cheapest price???? pls put complete address, im not yet familiar here in SG...

thanx to all...

WOW! congrats... that's nice... but it's way off my budget... good luck with ur new flash.. :D

btw, i'm planning to buy this next week... where can i buy this at the best and cheapest price???? pls put complete address, im not yet familiar here in SG...

thanx to all...

Check out the price at SLR Revolution unit #05-K7 on the 5th floor of Funan Digitalife Mall Singapore 179097. It is the shop directly opposite the other camera shop, beside the escalator. Look for Han Wei. Good price.

Last edited:
In terms of capability and performance, the Di886 should function just like 580EX I guess, minus the built. And the I guess the nissin is built in Japan unlike other 3rd party made-in-China ones.

In terms of capability and performance, the Di886 should function just like 580EX I guess, minus the built. And the I guess the nissin is built in Japan unlike other 3rd party made-in-China ones.
Made in China.

Emoblitz flash made in Singapore. :bsmilie:

Canon 430EX II also made in China iirc, only 580EX/EXII is made in Japan.

Not sure about Sigma flash.
But Metz Flash made in Germany.

Last edited:
Ah.. Wrong choice of words.. should be "Japanese brand" compare to China brands....

Nowadays, it's uncommon to find non made-in-china stuff..

I changed my mind, i'm now inclined to buy the canon 430ex II, i just saw the nissin di866 and i wasnt impress with its built and it was kinda bulky for me... so i'm thnking canon will be a better choice...

thanx to all...

Hey i am planning to get this flash too...let me know how much you bought it and where you got it.

Thanks.

WOW! congrats... that's nice... but it's way off my budget... good luck with ur new flash.. :D

Thanks bro.. Enjoying my flash now.. 430EXII is selling @ $475 at MScolor base on the e-quote they give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.