Canon 400D

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmark2000

Dec 20, 2007
Hi, i went to luckyplaza yesterday to canvass a canon 400D, some qoutes are 900-950 for the kit, body, lens 18-55, battery. Is this a fair price?
What else do I need to buy?
What do I need to to check if buying from LP.

the price is fair. how about gst? any freebies like cf card?

Hi, i went to luckyplaza yesterday to canvass a canon 400D, some qoutes are 900-950 for the kit, body, lens 18-55, battery. Is this a fair price?

prices follow by many T&C.haha

the price is fair. how about gst? any freebies like cf card?

TAX free shopping...they told mne
if ever how much is the GST?
just the kit.....

sounds a little too good to be true, but ... any local warranty?

seriously, i don't and won't buy anything from lucky plaza except the value meal from macdonald's there. be alerted for all sorts of tricks from the salesman.

seriously, i don't and won't buy anything from lucky plaza except the value meal from macdonald's there. be alerted for all sorts of tricks from the salesman.

agreed, the price seems abit too good to be true :confused:

just to add on to the warranty issue, whether is it local warranty by canon or by their shop? and also... whether you need to purchase any other things other than just the body + kit alone?

i guess the price they quote u exclude GST....

Things to check:
1) Local Warranty ( Shop warranty do not count)
2) Original Battery (some shop do swap battery)
3) Camera products do not come sealed in plastic wrapping (I have seen shop wrapping up the box with plastic)
3) Free 2gb CF card (Given by Canon)
4) Charger and USB cable should be provided
6) Whether GST in included in the price
5) Extra accessories sold at unreasonable prices should be avoided (There is no such thing as scratch proof or crack proof filter. Yes! I have seen Ang Moh paying $50 dollar for a screen protector and $200 dollar for a cheap no brand filter)

These are all i can think off. Just becareful when u buy there. If you read the papers abt 2 months back. One staff in lucky plaza actually bashed up a customer. I do not know the actual details however I usually avoid these places as they do not seem to want to do business with local customers.

you sure?
might as well get the 1d series :bsmilie:

1d series is way too expansive. any 1 series will :bigeyes:

fyi, i started off with 30D, then to the 1 series, and thus have downgraded to 40D, and i still love 40D. 10mp 6.5fps, live view. but noise still :thumbsd: . wait till 50D comes out with batter noise control.

Hi,

Go to Paris Silk at Holland V. I got mine 400D last sept at $1109.

They offer a good price.

Lucky Plaza is the worst place to shop for a camera.

Cheers!:)

Things to check:
1) Local Warranty ( Shop warranty do not count)
2) Original Battery (some shop do swap battery)
3) Camera products do not come sealed in plastic wrapping (I have seen shop wrapping up the box with plastic)
3) Free 2gb CF card (Given by Canon)
4) Charger and USB cable should be provided
6) Whether GST in included in the price
5) Extra accessories sold at unreasonable prices should be avoided (There is no such thing as scratch proof or crack proof filter. Yes! I have seen Ang Moh paying $50 dollar for a screen protector and $200 dollar for a cheap no brand filter)

These are all i can think off. Just becareful when u buy there. If you read the papers abt 2 months back. One staff in lucky plaza actually bashed up a customer. I do not know the actual details however I usually avoid these places as they do not seem to want to do business with local customers.

ensure the camera is not being used and being sold as new.

Hi,

Go to Paris Silk at Holland V. I got mine 400D last sept at $1109.

They offer a good price.

Lucky Plaza is the worst place to shop for a camera.

Cheers!:)

bro... where is paris silk im new inSG.
thanks

1d series is way too expansive. any 1 series will :bigeyes:

fyi, i started off with 30D, then to the 1 series, and thus have downgraded to 40D, and i still love 40D. 10mp 6.5fps, live view. but noise still :thumbsd: . wait till 50D comes out with batter noise control.

Agree with you that 40D is preferred over 400D if one is willing to top up $500-700. Need to get a grip for 400D as the handgrip is too small. View finder for 40D is larger as well.
So any news about 50D? When is such a model being released?

Since the 450D is out, maybe you should get the 450D instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.