Canon 400D or Pentax K10D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feng71

May 23, 2007
hey all,
any one familiar these 2 ? which one is better for a newbie?
thx a million!:)

canon

trusted by profossional

You will no going wrong with the 2 leading brands, Nikon & Canon. They are leading for a reason.

As for the given choice...I'll take K10D...is a newer model than the 400D, not to mention its additional features too :thumbsup:

Newer models doesn't always mean better.

D2Hs has been around for years. It has only 4MP. You think it is lousy? ;-p

It doesnt matter if u use a Nikon,Canon,Pentax or even a Sony.Their purpose is to capture images.The only difference is the person behind the camera.

Of course that has always been the case. However, we are advising based on the question asked by the TS.

Well based on the 2 choices,a better way to decide is to go down to the shops and hold the camera in your hands then decide which 1 you feel more comfortable with.The 400D is smaller and lighter and the K10D is heavier and feels more robust,well to me anyway:)

Well based on the 2 choices,a better way to decide is to go down to the shops and hold the camera in your hands then decide which 1 you feel more comfortable with.The 400D is smaller and lighter and the K10D is heavier and feels more robust,well to me anyway:)

thx a lot:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
BTW ur pic is so nice!hehe

Looking at the two model you mentioned, Pentax K10D is a good bet as compare to 400d.

The weather proof body build alone is already a good reason for you to commit , of cos K10D is capable of producing high quality images as well .

Some may say that lens selection for canon is greater ... well, ask yourself if you really need all the lenses available ?? Pentax has more than sufficient lens selection for you , i'm sure ...

Please don't mistaken me as a hardcore Pentax user for saying all tha good stuff about them. (I'm currently owning Canon 5D with a couple of prime L lenses).

As for the given choice...I'll take K10D...is a newer model than the 400D, not to mention its additional features too :thumbsup:

whats the additional features...

whats the additional features...
The K10D's in body shake reduction alone is a HUGE advantage. Every and any lens mounted enjoys the benefit of shake reduction. The body is weather sealed. Handling wise the K10D or even K100D feels better than the plasticky 400D. With the Pentax, you got backward compatibility with older lenses. Better value for the price imho. If you're starting out even the K100D is an even better option (<$900 with kit lens new).

You will no going wrong with the 2 leading brands, Nikon & Canon. They are leading for a reason.

&#21448;&#26469;&#20102;.

Every brand has its pros and cons, and Nikon and Canon do not escape this fate. They do not necessarily lead because they have the most pros and the least cons, but basically because every newbie who decides to take up photography just follows the crowd, imho.

IMHO its not just simply following the crowd. The crowd follows something for a reason not just blind following.

IMHO its not just simply following the crowd. The crowd follows something for a reason not just blind following.

It's called "pyramid of influence marketing" The strategy is to have the product endorsed and in the hands of individuals who represent the best of the particular field. The idea is that the masses who aspire to be like the top in the field will be motivated to buy the product (product association). Canon has immensely been successful in this form of marketing by putting their products in the hands of top professionals, but the analogy also applies to other areas - eg. Nike (golf- Tiger Woods). The fact that this form of marketing has proven to be successful does show how it can influence the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.