Canon 400D or Nikon D40?

Canon 400D or Nikon D40 for my first DSLR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
get neither, get the D50 instead

get neither, get the D50 instead

I'd somewhat agree on that.

Well it's up to you really. I'd pick a 400D over a D40, while i'd pick a D50 over a D40. Between 400D and D50 per say, neutrail.

Now its a question of do you want to be an AF-S exclusive user only or do you still want to use prime lenses or lenses with motor driven screw threads.

Your call. :)

pentax k100D if you don mind having a little hard time to look for some lenses. :thumbsup:
little price for great quality, stabilisation and bigger VF... + alot more

I think 400D is being compared to D80.. so D40 no match to 400D?.. just what i observed from reviews so no flames please.. peace :)

400D user too ... no complains yet for now ... ^^

Hi for your info i still saw D50kit at penisula plaza abt 5 set on 03/02/07 ;)

may i know where ? I scouted peninsula and couldnt find it ... wanted to get it for my birthday present

D80 is my first DSLR. If you are seriously into photography and don't mind spending a little more, IMO go for the D80. It should last you quite a while and it comes will a very usable kit lens.

BC

When you watch the slide show on your TV with music - Connected to D80... you'll LOVE it. Still photos comes to life and move at the rythm of the music... All in D80!!!

I do not think it is fair to compare Canon 400D with Nikon D40. Comparison with Nikon D80 is more appropriate. In this case, I will go for D80.

Just go to any store & hold both cameras in your hand. Whichever camera feels most comfortable in your hands and how easy (or difficult)you operate the camera would determine which camera you should be getting.

Just go to any store & hold both cameras in your hand. Whichever camera feels most comfortable in your hands and how easy (or difficult)you operate the camera would determine which camera you should be getting.

I agree 100%. In the end you may not even pick a Nikon or Canon. Make sure to try all brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.