canon 400d or nikon 40x

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why but having owned both the d40 and d80 at the same time, i kept finding myself moving towards AFS lenses eventually, apart from that, whenever i wanted to take macro or any other artistic shots, i find myself flicking the AF switch off to MF (on d80) and focussing by eye.

dunno. this is my type of fun. if the camera does everything.. then the person behind the viewfinder just need to press the button no? :p sooo boring

true. I am pretty much still v green so for me its trying to pay abit with shuttle speed and aperture etc

Hallo All,
Many thanks for your good comments and very happy on the respond. Frankly, i am very new to poto shooting Hope all the bro. can give advice to get a reliable SLR cause is not a cheap hooby. At Sim Lim today and have check out the price of D80 and D200 difference od +-$300 with kit. So posting another question. D200 is much much better than D80 for another value of $300. Or D80 can do the job of D200. I like to take picture indoor most of the time like models, car show, people and friends wedding. Btw the 2 cameras is there any one of them is more sitable for this type of shoot? :embrass: :embrass:(

Hallo All,
Many thanks for your good comments and very happy on the respond. Frankly, i am very new to poto shooting Hope all the bro. can give advice to get a reliable SLR cause is not a cheap hooby. At Sim Lim today and have check out the price of D80 and D200 difference od +-$300 with kit. So posting another question. D200 is much much better than D80 for another value of $300. Or D80 can do the job of D200. I like to take picture indoor most of the time like models, car show, people and friends wedding. Btw the 2 cameras is there any one of them is more sitable for this type of shoot? :embrass: :embrass:(

Wow.. from 400D/D40 level.. to D200 liao.. virus is spreading fast! :D

As far as I know, they are quite similar function wise. Other then D80 takes less battery power and better noise control, D200 is suppose to be Professional camera with Magnesium body.. for onli $300 extra.. tough choice.. :dunno:

But of coz.. $300 can get u some nice lenses.. or flash (since u like to take indoor shots.. cannot go fren's wedding wif pop up flash rt?? keke) ;p

Hallo All,

Hmm ... Does the D200 come with kit lens? Don't think so... Better check. Price diff more like $800 ...

For what you want to take, the choice will be more on the type of lens than the camera. Every camera has its own strengths and weaknesses. A 400D with a L lens can have a much better image quality than a D200 with a lower quality lens. Based on your requirements, a good flash is also a necessity. Another budget to allocate $$$$$.

Can go to http://www.dpreview.com/ to see the reviews on each camera.

In any case, a good camera and good lens = Sharp and clear photo which is Not equal to good photo.

So the best choice is to find a combination of camera and lens based on what you want to take which is within your budget. IMO iIf your budget allows, go for the better lens.

Although I am Nikon user would say that the 400D is a better buy than the D40(X). D40 has no ability to work automatically with AF-D lenses

Hallo LeoD, SinKa and oryz.
thanks for all the comment u have given i think will make a choice of D80 standard pack for a start to save some $ for flash as i like to take indoor pic. Will post again more doubts later on. Hallo all members enjoy your weekend and nice shooting:)

Hallo LeoD, SinKa and oryz.
thanks for all the comment u have given i think will make a choice of D80 standard pack for a start to save some $ for flash as i like to take indoor pic. Will post again more doubts later on. Hallo all members enjoy your weekend and nice shooting:)

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.