Canon 350D withEFS75-300mm f4.0-5.6 lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonuts

Sep 1, 2006
Canon 350D withEFS75-300mm f4.0-5.6 lens...this is what is being offer at the comex fair. Is this slr camera good? I am a photonuts newbie absolutely zero knowledge to this stuff. Keen to get one for use and develop interest. Is the lens a neccessity? To all the expert, kindly advise...thanks a million!

photonuts

whats a EF-S lens? posted in the brochure writes EF75-300mm leh...by the what can this lens do? close up further objects to nearer view? thats my thought...correct me.

Photonuts said:
whats a EF-S lens? posted in the brochure writes EF75-300mm leh...by the what can this lens do? close up further objects to nearer view? thats my thought...correct me.
its lens mean for 1.6 crop camera...like 350D

is it a good buy for the lens?

it is ok to use. but then it is not that sharp wide opened. tried the lens at comex but did not like it. got the 400D package deal instead. rather save up to get a good prime. :D

Photonuts said:
an EF-S lens can only be mounted on cameras that have a APS-C sized sensor, like the new 400D, 350D, 30D etc.. meaning you can't use your EF-S lens on a film camera or a full frame camera if you are planning to upgrade sometime in the future..
the EF 75-300mm lens is a telephoto zoom lens.. mostly used for sports and such when you need to zoom in on the action so to say.. but frankly, I don't think its worth it.. of course its cheap, but then the quality is also "cheap"..

the feel for the lens is not there. the focus is not done with USM. so it takes a rather long time to focus and is noisy as well.

IMO if the lens is too light cannot target properly at longer focal lengths as well.

J-Chan said:
an EF-S lens can only be mounted on cameras that have a APS-C sized sensor, like the new 400D, 350D, 30D etc.. meaning you can't use your EF-S lens on a film camera or a full frame camera if you are planning to upgrade sometime in the future..
the EF 75-300mm lens is a telephoto zoom lens.. mostly used for sports and such when you need to zoom in on the action so to say.. but frankly, I don't think its worth it.. of course its cheap, but then the quality is also "cheap"..

So does it mean EF (non S, if there's something like that) can be used on film camera? :dunno:

fotojoy said:
So does it mean EF (non S, if there's something like that) can be used on film camera? :dunno:
er.. the EF system was born from the film era, so of course it can be used on a film camera..

J-Chan said:
er.. the EF system was born from the film era, so of course it can be used on a film camera..

oops ... did I sound stupid? heee ...:sweatsm:

What I wanted to ask was (didn't phrase it well, paiseh)...

which lens can be used interchangeably on both film n digital SLR?

the EF or EF-S ones?

fotojoy said:
oops ... did I sound stupid? heee ...:sweatsm:

What I wanted to ask was (didn't phrase it well, paiseh)...

which lens can be used interchangeably on both film n digital SLR?

the EF or EF-S ones?

EF lens = can be used on film AND digital cameras cos it's made for full frame cameras. With APS-C sized sensors, you get a 1.6 crop factor.

EF-S lens = only can be used on APS-C sized sensors (DSLRs) and not full frame DSLRs or film cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.