Canon 24-105 lens Coffee Mug - Worst idea ever!!!

WuffRuff

Jan 10, 2007
opp. East Coast Park
I wonder who came up with the idea to make a coffee mug after a lens.
See
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/24-105mm-1-1...ccessories&hash=item3f044e8ef0#ht_5019wt_1058

I think this is the worst idea ever!
Especially since I often put my camera and lens on my dining table (we have a huge dining table in the centre of the house!)!
Imagine one morning when my mum is half asleep, half awake and wants to make a coffee... and she saw my lens on the dining table, and she takes it to the kitchen and pours boiling water onto it! Yikesss!!! :hung:

That would be a 'Lappucino' or a 'Latte'! :bsmilie:

Another scenario is pour hot water into the lens thinking it is a mug. Wow! What a hot bath :sweat:

392215547bf0e298327.jpg

How about bringing a mug set (24-105, 70-200) to shoot a wedding.

haha its sold in mass sales

What about the ZOOMABLE Nikon 24-70mm Lens Mug / Thermos ?
It is the worst idea ever! Even worster than the worst canon mug !

i bought the 70-200 one hehe..but quality is not good enough for you to mistake a lens for the mug

haha surely you can tell the difference when you lift up the lens/mug?

haha surely you can tell the difference when you lift up the lens/mug?

It is easy to make silly mistakes when you are less than half awake in the morning...
And that is also the time that you would use the mug!
Sometimes brain is very lagging in the morning and you pour the hot water immediately after lifting the mug, then brain tells you this is too heavy to be a mug.
Oops... realised too late....
No, really too afraid that my mum would use my lens as a coffee mug... she is very blur in the morning and she walks around with her eyes half-closed so she cannot see clearly too.
Basically, she cannot wake up until she drinks the coffee... so anything can go wrong before then.
Very risky for my real lens!!

The only rememdy for such incident is .... DON'T BUY THAT MUG !!! ... problem solve ... LoL

It is easy to make silly mistakes when you are less than half awake in the morning...
And that is also the time that you would use the mug!
Sometimes brain is very lagging in the morning and you pour the hot water immediately after lifting the mug, then brain tells you this is too heavy to be a mug.
Oops... realised too late....
No, really too afraid that my mum would use my lens as a coffee mug... she is very blur in the morning and she walks around with her eyes half-closed so she cannot see clearly too.
Basically, she cannot wake up until she drinks the coffee... so anything can go wrong before then.
Very risky for my real lens!!

:think: err... i thought lens should be in the Dry Cabinet or Dry box in the first place? n not collecting dust on ur table?:bsmilie:

:think: err... i thought lens should be in the Dry Cabinet or Dry box in the first place? n not collecting dust on ur table?:bsmilie:

On table for 1 or 2 days wun die lah!
Fungus needs time to grow...
Dust is blocked by filter. :cool:

Yah loh, I can't see why this is a problem. It's like someone saying "you know, making those fake apples look so real is the worst idea ever!"