canon 1d mkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

esterp

Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
any idea what's the street price? canon website is saying S$8,499.

CP and MS both quoted $7688 incl GST. No stock at the moment... surprise, surprise...

this is interesting because that's about the same price here in Europe.
Normally, prices in Spore can range from few hundreds to a couple thousands S$ cheaper.
Think I can get it here and bring it back.

CP's waiting list is too long. don't bother. Better to go to AP. No waiting list ;)

erwinx said:
Better to go to AP.

Then I rather not buy.

I'm always amazed by their attitude every time I frequent the place. How low can their level of service go?

The only bad thing about buying this camera from overseas is that the warranty is not a Singapore warranty. I was told by Canon that this camera only has a local warranty. Wonder what this means?

Anyway..it's a pretty heavy camera in my opinion.

Cheers,

benny said:
Then I rather not buy.

I'm always amazed by their attitude every time I frequent the place. How low can their level of service go?

The only bad thing about buying this camera from overseas is that the warranty is not a Singapore warranty. I was told by Canon that this camera only has a local warranty. Wonder what this means?

Anyway..it's a pretty heavy camera in my opinion.

Cheers,

Which means if you are buying from oversea.. you better pray that you don't have to sent it back to Canon for servicing. Otherwise... be prepared to pay.

erwinx said:
CP's waiting list is too long. don't bother. Better to go to AP. No waiting list ;)

I would not give those Ah Bengs at AP any more of my business after they shouted at me a few months back when we had a misunderstand on the purchase of a lens. Sold me gray stock and pretending it was with original canon warranty... and charged me a price with canon warranty.

The prices tend to hold on the high side because of its still quite new. We'll see some dip in the prices in the coming months when the rush to get one dies off a little. right now finding one in stock is like striking gold.

Terence said:
I would not give those Ah Bengs at AP any more of my business after they shouted at me a few months back when we had a misunderstand on the purchase of a lens. Sold me gray stock and pretending it was with original canon warranty... and charged me a price with canon warranty.

The prices tend to hold on the high side because of its still quite new. We'll see some dip in the prices in the coming months when the rush to get one dies off a little. right now finding one in stock is like striking gold.

Anybody struck gold yet?

Terence said:

I can understand that. Yes indeed....sometimes I would rather pay a bit more for a better service.

BluesJr said:
Which means if you are buying from oversea.. you better pray that you don't have to sent it back to Canon for servicing. Otherwise... be prepared to pay.

It would be better for me since I stay in Europe most of the time. However, I've always got my stuff in Spore due to the price difference. Anyway, touch wood that nobody would have to send anything new back to Canon for servicing.

There is actually one box (1D MK II) at the Song Bros shop diagonally opposite AP.....as usual asking for stupid $9000++

Terence said:

some people at AP(alan photo) have AP(attitude problem)..wonder how come many people still go to their shop..:devil:

Ya, despite all the bad feedback, people still patronise them. Though I was never at the receiving end of such treatment, I did witness a couple being shown the "Take it or leave it" attitude when I was at the shop.

Consumers should unite and boycott such shops. Most of the shops in SLS have the same attitude. Guess they are just waiting for "ang mos" or "ah nehs" to chop everyday. :thumbsd:

i did have a similar bad experience at AP :angry: went to CP to buy my 300D instead with better service :thumbsup:

nickmak said:
Anybody struck gold yet?

I thought there's quite a few here already playing with this new toy? I recall reading earlier that there's one fella with more than one set!!! :what:

Cheers,

Lots of clubsnappers buy from AP without problems. I suppose AP recognised this by becoming one of the main sponsors for the 2nd clubsnap anniversary bash :) Myself, I go to both CP and AP.

Basically, I go to AP knowing what the price is at CP. If they can give me a better price than CP, great. Most of the time they can. Rarely, for some products, they tell me frankly they cannot beat CP's price. Fair enough.

AP also has my kind of service. You ask to try a lens/body etc. They just pass it to you and leave you alone to try it. When you're done, just tell them. If you want a salesperson who will sweet talk you and compliment you on your fine taste in camera equipment and excellent photographic ability, find another shop (and pay the $$$ price premium for the sweet talk)

I second erwinx opinion, know your prices, know your product, know your AP salesman (better if you know Samuel)....nothing wrong with dealing with AP after 7-8 years.

Anyways 'good' deals for MK II are below S$7500 worldwide - and you can find such prices locally.....

You gotta know some regular salesman and deal with them. Forget about the new faces. Anyway, prices not so good now, used to be better. If grey set, pay the grey price.....you can't blame people if you don't do the homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.