Canon 100mm macro or Tamron 90mm

Which macro lens should I buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. but the poll is biased. More like a count of ownerships. Unless we have used both lens before, else our vote is simply biased only. hehe

haha. but the poll is biased. More like a count of ownerships. Unless we have used both lens before, else our vote is simply biased only. hehe

Yep,quite true,but at the same time,it also shows that all these owners are satisfied with the lenses and willing to vote for them. ;)

To be honest, without the cheaper Tamron, there is no other macro lens liao.... how to complain? hehe

Yep,quite true,but at the same time,it also shows that all these owners are satisfied with the lenses and willing to vote for them. ;)

To be honest, without the cheaper Tamron, there is no other macro lens liao.... how to complain? hehe

sigma and tokina all have their own offerings.

from what i know, they are not cheap too. In fact I know the sigma to be more expensive than the tamron.

sigma and tokina all have their own offerings.

latest issue of practical photography has 2-page comparison of 8 macro lenses. canon's 100mm, tamron's 90mm and nikon's 105mm came out tops. so you are covered. just decide on how much to spend. :bsmilie:

latest issue of practical photography has 2-page comparison of 8 macro lenses. canon's 100mm, tamron's 90mm and nikon's 105mm came out tops. so you are covered. just decide on how much to spend. :bsmilie:

Yes,bought that magazine and saw the comparison too.Guess I can't go wrong! :D

In digital photography, it doesn't matter whether you use a tamron or canon micro lens.
Photoshop can make the difference.
But in film, there is a difference in both lens.

Pick up your choice in your mind.

Hi Guys,

I read that the Tamron 90mm length grow during focusing. It is a concern?

I've gotten an equote from MS Color,just in case. ;p
Anyone else is interested of getting Tamron 90mm as well?
Wondering if it is possible to get abit of discount when we buy like 3 sets at the same time.

I've gotten an equote from MS Color,just in case. ;p
Anyone else is interested of getting Tamron 90mm as well?
Wondering if it is possible to get abit of discount when we buy like 3 sets at the same time.

What was you quoted?

So far,I've received 2 inquiries about the equote.The equote that was given to me was $560.
If I can get more interested parties,I hope to get better price than that.Please put in your name if you are keen.Once I gotten more than 3 names,I will sent in for another equote and see how:

1.Joywalker
2.Redoxsim

Do a search on google.

U can easily find a comprehensive review regarding comparison between both.

From 100% crops there, the tamron seem to even win slightly in terms of sharpness.

In summary there is very little diff in IQ, the extra you are paying is only for handling and brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.