Canon 1000D

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewant

Sep 1, 2007
For newbies who are still debating over the Nikon D60/40/40x and Canon 400D/450D. There's a canon 1000D coming out soon! I've been to Europe for the release and trust me, it's SMALL. Though its a little pricy, its really small, light and goot for PNS photographers venturing into DSLRs. It's really good for amateur female photographers too. all your 4 fingers would fit comfortably onto the grip. BUT, for the guys. Your little pinky would be hanging around like the 400D =/

My take on the 1000D :thumbsd: for the expensive price.

For the record, canon has not stated its well "reason" for the 1000D :think:

Review: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0806/08061002Canon1000D.asp

no doubt it is going to be the king of entry lvl dslr but is not going to come cheap below 1k (for starting price) with so much functions.

for those who still want 10mp cam body, the 400d is still a gd and cheaper choice although no spot metering.

It costs about half more of the 400D.
yeah, with people gaining interest these days, the1000D may be selling like the 450 now.

For newbies who are still debating over the Nikon D60/40/40x and Canon 400D/450D. There's a canon 1000D coming out soon! I've been to Europe for the release and trust me, it's SMALL. Though its a little pricy, its really small, light and goot for PNS photographers venturing into DSLRs. It's really good for amateur female photographers too. all your 4 fingers would fit comfortably onto the grip. BUT, for the guys. Your little pinky would be hanging around like the 400D =/

My take on the 1000D :thumbsd: for the expensive price.

Review: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0806/08061002Canon1000D.asp

From the specs, roughly the same size as 400D.Maybe a little bigger. :) With that said, the consumers are looking for a small and light DSLR. This is where the 1000D will fit in nicely. Furthermore, it will come at a price point which I believe will match the D40X/D60 (at time of release) in terms of pricing when launch.

What, you want Canon to publicly state "we're releasing this camera because Nikon and others are eroding our share in the low end SLR market"?

1000D and 450D are using the same batt grip. So the size....you should be able to guess from there. 1000D is good! Planning to buy at least 3 more sets for the school's photography Club!

when would it be officially out in SG?

What, you want Canon to publicly state "we're releasing this camera because Nikon and others are eroding our share in the low end SLR market"?

dude, chill. canon gave a "reason" for all cams on why they manufactured it. Be it to suit the interest the public has these days, competitors or just simply to add something on to the collection. Go read up before you make any comments :)

dude, chill. canon gave a "reason" for all cams on why they manufactured it. Be it to suit the interest the public has these days, competitors or just simply to add something on to the collection. Go read up before you make any comments :)

Forgot a smiley at the end of my comment, sorry. Not flaming your or anything like that. Their marketing propaganda has never figured into my decision to buy any of their products, that's all I'm trying to say. And the reason for this camera should be fairly obvious - simpler, cheaper, for more profit :)

np prob! i know you're not. thats why u put a smilet there :) cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.