Canon 1000D thread IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. where do you usually buy the second hand lens?

How did you learn to check 2nd hand lens. Sorry, i'm newbie really dont know anything here.

If i were to buy e sigma 30mm f1.4 how to i check if its calibrate properly and how long do i need to send for service before getting it back?

Thank you.

from clubsnap's b&s column.

haha. i'm mostly self-taught, and partly learn from people here also lor. just rmbr to learn to google urself, if not prepare to get flamed. haha.

you need to download a focus chart and aim at the point. if it's sharp at that point then its gd to go. for me i wouldn't bother, cos for sigma, you can bring it down for free calibration anytime.

Hi all lao jiao

I am a newbie here. Is going to get the 1000D these few days. need to ask you guys some advise.

1) Ask HN seller. they say can extend warranty thru them (4 years). Just now went to Alan and they said no such things. If want to extend, must go to canon svs centre to ask. Is that true?:what:

2) I want to extend the warranty but you think canon will give? how many years they give and how much? thankyou:bsmilie:

Hi all lao jiao

I am a newbie here. Is going to get the 1000D these few days. need to ask you guys some advise.

1) Ask HN seller. they say can extend warranty thru them (4 years). Just now went to Alan and they said no such things. If want to extend, must go to canon svs centre to ask. Is that true?:what:

2) I want to extend the warranty but you think canon will give? how many years they give and how much? thankyou:bsmilie:

i believe the extended warranty is warranty by HN and not Canon.

But what Luohan's warranty with Harvey Norman is quite similar to Canon, meaning the warranty will cover the same thing?
such as overclocking the speed count n dead pixel?

But what Luohan's warranty with Harvey Norman is quite similar to Canon, meaning the warranty will cover the same thing?
such as overclocking the speed count n dead pixel?

If you are extending the warranty for your camera body with HV then you better check on the terms and conditions before paying. Cause sometimes the Salesperson at HV does not know the details very well too, then they just tell the customer anything spoil also can repair.

While in my opinion, you would probably not use your camera for more than 3 yrs.
So why extend for another 4 yrs?

While in my opinion, you would probably not use your camera for more than 3 yrs.
So why extend for another 4 yrs?

I wonder would it even last 3 years? Given the way I use the camera. :bsmilie:

Will it give it a better resell value with longer warranty?

Hi,
I am new to this forum but I owned my 1000D last year, realised the thread has slowed down alot.

Thinking of getting an external flash recently (sorry old topic again). I have a budget so i will not be going for Canon Flash. I read that some are using Nissin Ext Flash.
Anyone has tried Sunpak Ext flash instead?

BTW, any 1000D photography outing?

Hi,
I am new to this forum but I owned my 1000D last year, realised the thread has slowed down alot.

Thinking of getting an external flash recently (sorry old topic again). I have a budget so i will not be going for Canon Flash. I read that some are using Nissin Ext Flash.
Anyone has tried Sunpak Ext flash instead?

BTW, any 1000D photography outing?

We (1000Ders) has now moved to KopiTiam, check the COP thread and there's an outing planned. For info we have merged with 450D and other brands. Nevertheless you still can ask abt the stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.