Canon 1000D or 450D

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyfy225

Feb 4, 2009
Malaysia
fongyee225.multiply.com
Well,am a newbie in SLR and planning to purchase a SLR soon.
one of my friend who is running a studio recommended me to get myself a 1000D but other friends recommended 450D.

So,which is nicer?

one of my friend who is running a studio recommended me to get myself a 1000D but other friends recommended 450D.

So,which is nicer?

So what have you decide?, I have compared and if I were you,I go for 400D. 1000D & 450D is using a processor Digi III 450D is Digi II. It does not made much different.

Safe some money to buy a better lens instead, If you really need something good, then go for 40D but also x1.6 cop sensor ..maybe full frame 5D then but cost a fortune.

http://www.canon.com.sg/compare/product/?type=Digital Cameras&cat=1&p1=135&p2=132&p3=129

if your budget is enuff for 40D go for it
u wont regret getting it

Get the 450D

Yup i agree 450D is Slightly more ex but worth it :).
But then again if your not so urgent 40D will still be an Ideal Choice :)

So,which is nicer?
do you see yourself buying lens after lens especially those of the IS/OS/VC variety?

otherwise your budget can actually get the Pentax K200D or Sony A200, Olympus E420. Only thing is that they are not exactly for beginners as they have quite a lot of options that would make a geek happy.

hi.
to be frank, both can serve you really well, and they are similar in terms of specs. so, ya...

both have the similar specs but heard that 450D is much better than 1000D and the price also slightly higher than 1000D.
my friends don't recommend me in buying both models, but I don't have extra budget for better one like 40D. >.<

both have the similar specs but heard that 450D is much better than 1000D and the price also slightly higher than 1000D.
my friends don't recommend me in buying both models, but I don't have extra budget for better one like 40D. >.<

To me the even though 1000D is a "newer" model, it was intentionally "crippled" by Canon to bring it to a lower price-point to the 450D.

Just a quick question, how many dslr manufacturer exclude "spot metering" in their products? :dunno:

Do you need spot metering, a bigger LCD screen, bigger viewfinder, 9 af points, etc.?. If you think these features are important to you, get the 450D.

If, all you want is a camera for everyday stuff then go for the 1000D.

For technical differences, you can check it out side by side here.

And, decide carefully, if not later kenna the Dislike-Sell-Lost-Regret synchrome... it can be torturing !! :bsmilie:

get the 1000D if budget ....almost same same with 450D

try playin with it b4....:thumbsup:

Depends on the price you can get the 1000D for. I got my 1000D for about S$900 (GBP420) in London with twin kit lenses, after minusing selling off the tele lens and tax refund it's about S$550 for the $999 package here. If you think about the fact that I would have had to pay GBP550 for the 450D kit, I think the 1000D would be the no brainer choice.

However, I feel the 1000D packages in Singapore are quite ludicrously priced, considering it's supposed to be an entry level DSLR. So consider carefully first.

yay,I need spot-metering.
how about Nikon? any recommendation?

Personally I don't D40 & D60, mainly because of the lack of AF (in quite a number of nikon lens). For Nikon, getting a D90 or D300 would be a better choice... else you can always go FF with D700 & D3..... better yet... take the ultimate plunge and buy the D3X instead.... :bsmilie:

Limited budget, need spot meter..... :think:

Any reason for your choice on brand or model? (friend recommendation?)

I suggest you drag out the features and specs for all the major brands here and do a side by side comparison.

Sony, Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Olympus, Pana, Pentax.
It should become clearer what brand/model will give you what you want.

Friend recommended me to buy Canon EOS1000D.
my friend is photographer and he has a 40D and he had tried the 1000D. he said 1000D has the functions almost the same as 40D,worthy to buy.

I heard you can get a long lens @ S$ 99 (worth S$499) if you buy 1000D (body + original lens = S$1099) in any regconized dealer in Singapore. Wonder the promotion still there?

So what have you decide?, I have compared and if I were you,I go for 400D. 1000D & 450D is using a processor Digi III 450D is Digi II. It does not made much different.

Is there a 400D? or just a typo?

I heard you can get a long lens @ S$ 99 (worth S$499) if you buy 1000D (body + original lens = S$1099) in any regconized dealer in Singapore. Wonder the promotion still there?

Is there a 400D? or just a typo?

Yes there is. 350D, 400D, 450D and some rumors about upcoming 500D.

Status
Not open for further replies.