Cannot view pics from SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

artese

Jan 4, 2008
Sembawang
Hi.. not sure if this is the right place but can someone give some guidance to a newbie here pl? :embrass:
I cant download my shots from the SD card into my pc but I can review them in my camera. What's wrong? And I cant copy them too.. got this error message about some I/O problem. But some shots taken earlier were fine and can be viewed and downloaded. Is it a faulty SD card? Would appreciate some enlightenment please. Thanks !

what's your method of download? do you use a cable to connect the camera to pc or you use an external memory card reader?

Hi.. my laptop has a supplied card reader. Problem is, it can read and download pics taken few days ago, but lately some pics taken on a different occassion wont open up. They are all saved in the same folder. So, my reader will read up to a certain no. of shots and then get stuck with the rest.

Have you tried transfer via your cable? I suspect its the card reader problem..

My sis' Dell laptop de inbuilt reader... Fail :bsmilie:

Hi.. my laptop has a supplied card reader. Problem is, it can read and download pics taken few days ago, but lately some pics taken on a different occassion wont open up. They are all saved in the same folder. So, my reader will read up to a certain no. of shots and then get stuck with the rest.

but those pics 'taken on a different occasion' manage to show up on the camera itself?

u can try using an external usb card reader to test the card.
u can connect ur camera via the suppiled cable to ur PC and use the camera as a card reader.

see whether this 2 methods work for u.

u can try using an external usb card reader to test the card.
u can connect ur camera via the suppiled cable to ur PC and use the camera as a card reader.

see whether this 2 methods work for u.

Have you tried transfer via your cable? I suspect its the card reader problem..

My sis' Dell laptop de inbuilt reader... Fail :bsmilie:

Hi guys.. thanks for response. I managed to set up transfer using the camera via the supplied cable. The transfer rate was very fast :sweat:

Guess it must be the problematic card reader... making its own decision to transfer what it wants. I'll probably get a new card reader to do the job instead of using my camera. Hope to get good bargain at the IT show next week :)

good to know you have found and solved your problem.

there are various card readers in the market, some costing a few dollars to tens of dollars due to the higher transfer rate.

hi,

i do have this problem only recently.. i think it's the SD card problem rather than the reader..cos i normally use Scandisk as my memory card, but only recently due to a rush, i have gotten another brand, which gives me this problem.. It can't even be formatted when i first wanted to use it..

hi,

i do have this problem only recently.. i think it's the SD card problem rather than the reader..cos i normally use Scandisk as my memory card, but only recently due to a rush, i have gotten another brand, which gives me this problem.. It can't even be formatted when i first wanted to use it..

i cant stand this error..
its called Sandisk (note the spelling!) :bsmile:

yep, sometimes it is the card's fault. if u cant seem to access the card using different card readers/cameras/computers, its most probably the card's fault.

i cant stand this error..
its called Sandisk (note the spelling!) :bsmile:

yep, sometimes it is the card's fault. if u cant seem to access the card using different card readers/cameras/computers, its most probably the card's fault.

I will bring it to my friend to test on his pc and will let u all know.

hi,

:think: hmm.. that is quite a problem. I am using Toshiba (2G). Should be reliable I think? That card has given me this problem twice. Anyone has recommendations on a reliable card?

I will bring it to my friend to test on his pc and will let u all know.

:think: hmm.. that is quite a problem. I am using Toshiba (2G). Should be reliable I think? That card has given me this problem twice. Anyone has recommendations on a reliable card?

I still prefer transcend and scan disk.. so far not a problem.. the brand you mentioned, i have a problem reading it..

Status
Not open for further replies.