Cannot take it..sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Hey guys..any one watched the ch. 8 show at 9pm earlier?..Tay ping hui fired the shot into the air...if im not wronf THATS FREAKING ILLEGAL!!!!;(

Im proud to be a Singaporean but seeing our shows "act zai buai zai" (picking up edvidence with their bare hands..wtf?!) really disappoints me..;(

relax ... u say liao its a show . i always watch the show not because i like it but happen that always eat dinner ard that time .

It is " Action " packed la imho .

:bsmilie:

its a show fair enough...but BASIC common sense like this also dont know...its like people watch liao..the blur blur follow..;p

if a bullet kena shot into the air...summore highly populated area...but fall due to gravity-terminal velocity will "shoot" a person causing him or her to lose a life:think:

pls...wat is the chances of that ever happening? or if it is even possible?

come on! its only a show. whats the point of being over-reactive ?? :dunno:

get used to it man.....

wainism said:
pls...wat is the chances of that ever happening? or if it is even possible?
Its highly possible..happened before in the US....its not whats the chances..is ratehr how NOT to take the chance..

as in,

what are the chances in singapore,

1. someone owning firearms,

2. someone dumb enough to fire a shot in open air, while knowing it is illegal to even own a gun much less fire it...

and if u put 2 and 2 together,

what are the chances after those 2, that the terminal velocity blahblahblah will hit a person?!

come on, take a chill pill, watch the world cup instead.

seanlim said:
Hey guys..any one watched the ch. 8 show at 9pm earlier?..Tay ping hui fired the shot into the air...if im not wronf THATS FREAKING ILLEGAL!!!!;( (

its illegal meh? i thought its the right procedure to fire a warning shot into the air? come on lah, by the time the bullet fly up and come down, it will jus feel like a tiny stone hit u only....

hmmmm, aiyah, shows are show. take it with a pinch of salt.....

seanlim said:
if a bullet kena shot into the air...summore highly populated area...but fall due to gravity-terminal velocity will "shoot" a person causing him or her to lose a life:think:

It will not be a "terminal velocity" type... Most likely a small pebble falling.

And the occurence is lower than you being killed by killer litter in our every crowded HDB heartland.

Aiyah, Media crops scrip are all like this one lah. You want to point out all the flaws, den every epsiode I can tell you what is wrong so now I dont watch local TV that much. I watch Worldcup and DVD only.

Eh, I believe in a real incident report in the papers some days ago, a local cop did fire a warning shot. It was written that he fired it into the ground, so I guess that is much more logical.

I'm assuming it is a grass patch area and not cement :bsmilie: else there'd be some quick step dance moves LOL

Firing into the air is so old american cowboy cliche :bsmilie:

but isnt firing into the ground more dangerous? ricochet can happen. in the the air, maybe at most a bird suay kanna hit then bye only.....

Haha, I guess someone will have to verify the article for me... it's definitly local News.
But I dun remember which date. :bsmilie:

zcwnfx said:
but isnt firing into the ground more dangerous? ricochet can happen. in the the air, maybe at most a bird suay kanna hit then bye only.....

got watch csi bo? got one episode this fella fire into the air then the bullet travel in an arc and hit someone about 1.8 miles or something...dunno how real :bsmilie:

I think the firing in air and kill someone did happen in US and Brazil IIRC. Definitely read it in the papers.

For SAF, during guard duty, the practice is definitely NO WARNING SHOTS in air. 3 verbal warning and fire to disarm only. Anyway, i also don't watch local TV anymore. I think I've stopped for like close to 10years?

BTW, owning a firearm is confirm jail sentence (life I think) discharging a round whehter it hit anything/person is confirm death sentence.

zcwnfx said:

Kinda curious too. Cos I remember when we're clearing our weapons after range, we point upwards at 45 degree just in case we have one in the chamber. :think:

madmacs said:
got watch csi bo? got one episode this fella fire into the air then the bullet travel in an arc and hit someone about 1.8 miles or something...dunno how real :bsmilie:
yah i watched that episode.. but it's still a make-believe serial.

Hobbesyeo said:
Kinda curious too. Cos I remember when we're clearing our weapons after range, we point upwards at 45 degree just in case we have one in the chamber. :think:

some camps have sand pits or gun clearing pits for rilfes to be pointed at instead. I think SAF should implement this for all the ranges.

you STILL watch Mediacorp dramas?? :bsmilie:
gave it up long time ago liao.:)

anyway...its just a movie lah. not only mediacorp. even some of those hollywood blockbusters..fella running thru a hail of bullets and yet not a scratch. hard to believe that the shooters all so cok up.. :bsmilie:

A lot of **** things happened in that drama would not have happened in a real-life police investigation.

For example, some of their interrogation tactics would have warranted a complaint. and Siwei's finding a bottle of cyanide[?] capsules in Liwen's place and using that as evidence to suspect her of Steve's murder [without possessing a search warrant for her place?] -> also sure kena investigation as to how he could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.