Cannot surf Clubsnap anymore....

normanho23

Jun 1, 2010
Woodlands / Jurong East
This forum is super duper poisonous.... All the "Limited" lah... "DA *" lah... Money come, money go. Die die must refrain from surfing this website. Should I remove the link from my bookmarks??? Sigh.....:confused:

hahaha...resistance is futile :bsmilie:

This forum is super duper poisonous.... All the "Limited" lah... "DA *" lah... Money come, money go. Die die must refrain from surfing this website. Should I remove the link from my bookmarks??? Sigh.....:confused:
i've been surfing for 4 years, i never bought anything that was influenced by these forums.

the problem lies with your will, not with the forums. :)

Ya agreed! Surf Pentax forum.com better..:devil:

Precisely! Willpower not strong dude... haha

just think very carefully why you want the lenses, the equipment.. :)

i really want to play with a 40mm. but i think, and i think, and i think, it's not something i really need. so i will only buy it when i have a lot of extra money. :)

same goes for lenses like 16-50 f/2.8, etc.

spend more time shooting, looking at nice photos here, the forums is about photography, and equipment is but one faucet of photography. i would rather spend the time and energy thinking about what i could do with my current gear. what is lacking, what i need to get, rather than what i want to play with.

i've been surfing for 4 years, i never bought anything that was influenced by these forums.

the problem lies with your will, not with the forums. :)

True. The limiteds are nice to have, but not essential.

My problem lies with Fengwei selling quality manual lenses for cheap! :bsmilie:

True. The limiteds are nice to have, but not essential.

My problem lies with Fengwei selling quality manual lenses for cheap! :bsmilie:

Cheap mah? Then I'll sell them higher next time, if I decide to off load some again ;)

spend more time shooting, looking at nice photos here, the forums is about photography, and equipment is but one faucet of photography. i would rather spend the time and energy thinking about what i could do with my current gear. what is lacking, what i need to get, rather than what i want to play with.

Wise suggestion :)

But you know, photography isn't just about photos. It's also about the toys we play and own. Better gear doesn't guarantee better photos, but definitely make me feel better when I hold them ;) To me, photography is about photos (50%) + gear (50%), probably should weight gear a bit more in my case :)

Wise suggestion :)

But you know, photography isn't just about photos. It's also about the toys we play and own. Better gear doesn't guarantee better photos, but definitely make me feel better when I hold them ;) To me, photography is about photos (50%) + gear (50%), probably should weight gear a bit more in my case :)

of course, that's why we have pentax section, right?

but there has to be a balance. :)

Man's toys ;) if you don't buy photographic gears then you will find something else to indulge in :) Think of it, it is much cheaper than cars, hifi, hometheater, golf, etc .. :dunno: .. so stay with photography it is still cheaper.

Just think of the lady's toys are a lot worst .. look at the branded bag or jewelery, suddenly the limited lens don't look so bad anymore ... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
of course, that's why we have pentax section, right?

but there has to be a balance. :)

Got time but no $$$ to spare = enjoy the thrill of taking nice photos with the limited gear you have

No time got $$$ to spare = enjoy the thrill of fulfilling your LBA (majiam take drugs)

Got time and $$$ to spare = insert your name here, I want to be your friend

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I feel that to really enjoy this hobby, you need to set aside a huge amount of $$$ as a start to buy a good body a range of lens to fulfill focal range from 12mm-200mm be it prime or zooms.

Then when you start utilising your gear you will know what kinda photography you like and that's the time you dump those lens you seldom use and purchase more of those which suit your photography.

My rule is to spend $4K-$5K and once I reach that amount, I will sell my gears which I seldom use to fund something else to try.

simple.. read, watch, observe, attend outing, test fellow pentaxians lenses~~~

Then when you start utilising your gear you will know what kinda photography you like and that's the time you dump those lens you seldom use and purchase more of those which suit your photography.

i will be waiting at your hse rubbish dump :bsmilie: