Cannot file income tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I have been trying to file my income tax for the last hour and a half.
it seems that iras servers cannot take the load.

Just checking if anyone can log in to their website.

must make sure that since the deadline has passed
iras do not fine the users for late submission
since the system is at fault

Ok, not to be a spoilsport. But they've given an extension and enough notice to file. Last minute submissions like these normally overload the servers.

$1K fine if no submisison, if submitted after deadline the penalty is lesser.

a lot people still cant file in too....using the computer only makes things worst , i think...

The problem is with the system's architecture, and the scalability of load balancing which I think IRAS did a very poor job. If the website can't meet the SLAs, they shouldn't even be introducing it :sticktong.

espn said:
Ok, not to be a spoilsport. But they've given an extension and enough notice to file. Last minute submissions like these normally overload the servers.

$1K fine if no submisison, if submitted after deadline the penalty is lesser.

why impliment something that cannot work, especially since they(iras) have already had a few years of testing. So can we fine them for wasting my time trying to login to their server b4 the deadline.

If that is the case I would still prefer the paper route.
it also creates jobs for people.

Paper, ink, printers, singpost, pens, envelopes, admin staff ........ and so on

just sent in my form B1 this morning, i dun think will kena fine unless mr post office lost my mail :sweat:

It's called stubborness. Everything must be computerized, I've seen enough of these when working already. Everybody wants to move forward but nobody wants to spend time and effort in doing it. Just wants to reap the profits ASAP.

Anyway, they only up the system once a year to do these collections, making it paperless doesn't save paper, ink, printers, pens etc. Staffs are needed to print the efiles, envelop it, send back to us etc. So actually more costs. Server maintenance etc.

It's the heavy load. Probably never setup load balancing to even out the heavy web requests.

Probably a cheap skate IT architecture implementation. Hehe. :think:

i know wat u all thinking...
imagine "half" of sg ppl doin efiling..
the traffic is huge...

espn said:
It's the heavy load. Probably never setup load balancing to even out the heavy web requests.

Probably a cheap skate IT architecture implementation. Hehe. :think:
i do agreed...
else i will not leave the company..
haha

i submitted already , but it took me more than a week
( every day trying ) to login.
IRAS :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

jnet6 said:
i do agreed...
else i will not leave the company..
haha
Finally threw the towel? Good for you :)

well actually planned 2 weeks ago... but need to tackical say it.. cos i on contract..
hehe

anyway now is lack of ppl.. time for mi to take chance..

Status
Not open for further replies.