cannon users.. why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost4ever

Oct 7, 2007
Ang mo kio
Hihi... I'm not trying to offend the cannon users here but after using a new Canon 400d recently I'm actually surprise at the amount of people that perfer Canon to other brands like Nikion, Sony or Olympus..
Here's the reason why... I've got this assignment from my school to take some photo of V.I.Ps and the event that is going on.. My camara is a Olympus E-510 which i happened to forget to charge the battery at the day before, so i borrowed my friend's newly brought 400d along.. after like 30 or so pics there's this "Error 99" coming out of the screen telling me to restart the camara. This error 99 contiue to appear for over 40+ times in the 400+ pics i took... during the middle the power switch also can't be off and i needed to take the battery out myself for the cam to off.. after this incident i read on the web to find out that these problems appear very oftenly to canon users and i also read that the "error 99" cannot be fixed..
So to long time Canon users without any offend.. why canon?? or why you continue to uses Canon??

I think you will start a mini war here.

Maybe you are unlucky to have it fail on you at that time. I don't think the camera is to be blame.

Doesn't mean if my Olympus has a problem, I'll switch brands right? So it is the same for Canon/Nikon/Sony/Pentax. :dunno:

Seriously, not really logical question.

Hihi... I'm not trying to offend the cannon users here but after using a new Cannon 400d recently I'm actually surprise at the amount of people that perfer Cannon to other brands like Nikion, Sony or Olympus..
Here's the reason why... I've got this assignment from my school to take some photo of V.I.Ps and the event that is going on.. My camara is a Olympus E-510 which i happened to forget to charge the battery at the day before, so i borrowed my friend's newly brought 400d along.. after like 30 or so pics there's this "Error 99" coming out of the screen telling me to restart the camara. This error 99 contiue to appear for over 40+ times in the 400+ pics i took... during the middle the power switch also can't be off and i needed to take the battery out myself for the cam to off.. after this incident i read on the web to find out that these problems appear very oftenly to cannon users and i also read that the "error 99" cannot be fixed..
So to long time Cannon users without any offend.. why cannon?? or why you continue to uses Cannon??

I don't know what you are barking about. I use Canon, never heard of Cannon cameras.....

i sense blood soon.

anyway, it's Canon not Cannon. and Error 99 doesn't happen to just anyone everyday. what lens were you using anyway?

i sense blood soon.

anyway, it's Canon not Cannon. and Error 99 doesn't happen to just anyone everyday. what lens were you using anyway?

i remember i was using 18-55... the weird thing is it happens the most times whenever i zoom out to 18... the lense itself came with the camara which is both barely one month old..

For the past week; everytime I start my E-class, it says "brakes malfunction". Think I should go around the carpark asking Benz owners why are they still driving one.....

might be the lens contact point with the body. check if it's dirty.

For the past week; everytime I start my E-class, it says "brakes malfunction". Think I should go around the carpark asking Benz owners why are they still driving one.....

if this thread pissed you off then i'm sorry man:cry:.. i already stated that i'm at no means are trying to offend any of the canon users.. it's a question that i think is blowing up big times..

abit no logic, like the rest says, get back up, might be some problems internally. and its Canon, no Cannon. =)
so far used for more than 4 months, still working perfectly.

EH read up on the older forums maybe you could find your answer?

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=318297

http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/04/29/50mm-lens-contact-points/

Till Then Guess Error 99 still will remain, until some one find a real solution for it.
Umm... if not use other brand of DSLR as yar back up camera for your next important event...

:D Cheerss...

-*Fiery Passion Photography*-
"Its not how lousy or good a camera can be, but it depends on the skill of the user to make it perfect"

EH read up on the older forums maybe you could find your answer?

http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=318297

http://www.richardsnotes.org/archives/2005/04/29/50mm-lens-contact-points/

Till Then Guess Error 99 still will remain, until some one find a real solution for it.
Umm... if not use other brand of DSLR as yar back up camera for your next important event...

:D Cheerss...

the time between was too short to find a backup camara.. and i admit that it's my mistake in the first place to forget the charging of my battery.. so i had to trust canon for that day which i belive will be alright since it's a good brand..

the time between was too short to find a backup camara.. and i admit that it's my mistake in the first place to forget the charging of my battery.. so i had to trust canon for that day which i belive will be alright since it's a good brand..

If you had to wait for something to happen and then go find another camera, its not a backup anymore. Its a replacement.

There will always be defect in any series in the production. It is just bad luck. I have been using 400D for a year and never had any problem. I even tried to shoot with a Pentax K mount and the pictures were ok.
The many reasons to use Canon are the service at Harbourfront is fantastic, long lasting battery, many good lenses available and comparatively cheap or value for money. Canon has advance tech and I will continue to use it.

Ummm... he is just a newbie... asking for answer for a question he is unsure about but instead this is how hard you people treat him?

He already had apologies beforehand to all canon users... aren't forum suppose to be helpful for answering questions we newbies do not know... i guess now it is not... looking at the way how the senior member is treating him...

Anyway lost there are still many different kind of DSLR camera you can choose from as your backup camera... enjoy photography still k =)

"Its not how lousy or good a camera can be, but it depends on the skill of the user to make it perfect"

So to long time Canon users without any offend.. why canon?? or why you continue to uses Canon??

Cuz I'm stupid. Like, really stupid.

(actually, ERR99 only occurs on defective hardware. I kena jialat jialat one time - got rid of the defective lens and life goes on.....never seen that error again :) )

It is a big deal only if you want to make it a big deal. For every complaint on the Net there are a million other users who don't have a problem who never mention it. Even as someone who was directly affected, it doesn't really bother me once I solved it. Don't worry too much about the complaints - look for a solution and if you can solve it, it's all good :)

think u are just the unluck one ? hmmm i did get that error before on my 350D, but then again , its due to a combination of problems , was using a 8gb CF card which i later found out from the distributer was not compatable .... lost like 50+ pics to error on card ...as the card had problem writing ?? and during that time i would keep pressing the preview button very fast ... soon after the error99 came .... but thats my only experience nv happend again

2cents :p

Status
Not open for further replies.