Cannon service center broke my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimchan

Jun 8, 2010
I send my 75 to 300 to cannon and they broke mine and tell me to get a new lens from them at 300 dollar for the 75 to 300 III USM . Do you think is worth ?

Of course not worth it.

They should have replace the parts that they broke for you then.

Good tactic to get you to buy their new lens. :bsmilie:

To me I feel that you should demand them to compensate you with a new lens since they broke your lens and not ask you to pay for another lens.

Instead of repairing, they broke your lens...then they should give you the 75 to 300 III USM as compensation and to appease you.:)

theya re saying my lens is 5 years old and there are no parts to replace the lens body so telling me to get a newer model with USM . But base on the price do your folks feel it is worth ?

But the thing is, your lens is fine before sending in to CSC.
No parts to replace is not an excuse.
They broke your lens, its only right for them to replace one for you.
Your lens is 5 years old, so what? This lens may last you another 5 years.

theya re saying my lens is 5 years old and there are no parts to replace the lens body so telling me to get a newer model with USM . But base on the price do your folks feel it is worth ?

how did they break it? at first u said they broke it. but now u are saying they claim there are no parts to replace it.

ESCALATE the issue and demand they replace ur lens.
lack of parts is NOT an excuse.

Ask for the staff full name and ID number if the staff insist that buy a new one for $300.

thats is the problem. trying very hard but no way. Brothers and sister please advice is it worth for the 75-300 III usm AT 300 dollars? Thank your so much .

if its really the case that they damage your lens..
it is their responsibility.

you should not give them a single cent.
ask them for a repair or replacement totally free of charge.

Hi , The best part is the service center manager say since we broken the lens body they willing to give me a discount as the new lens for 75-300 III usm is 400 plus
:) am very pisss with them .

Last edited:
CSC so lowlife. spoil people thing dont pay, yet ask people to buy at discount price. Wat logic is this. why should the victim spend 300 on others people mistake.:thumbsd:

In any case they damage your lens, the compensation is inevitable, if the resultant loss of income, you can also ask them for compensation. (Lens no 10 year COE, 5 year is still young)
goodluck brother

total agreed , they even say that because my lens got dirty and they try to open up but broken the cover . they claim that if the lens is dirty you also cannot use any more . xfgxdfcdfcjcdjy

Hi , The best part is the service center manager say since we broken the lens body they willing to give me a discount as the new lens for 75-300 III usm is 400 plus
:) am very pisss with them .

So what if they give u discount...
They broke your lens... I dun see why you should pay a single cents for this new lens.

Hi Bros ... so how should i go about ?

if they broke it, they pay for it. cannot, talk to their boss. still cannot? talk to their boss's boss.

total agreed , they even say that because my lens got dirty and they try to open up but broken the cover . they claim that if the lens is dirty you also cannot use any more . xfgxdfcdfcjcdjy

Thats a pretty lame way to weasel out of responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.