Cannon or Nikon?

MelodyMusic

Mar 19, 2010
Hi Guys in ClubSnap!
I'm a newbie here and I'm getting a DSLR camera soon.
But i do not know which brand to get and which is more "comfortable" to wield with.
It's my first time using a DSLR so guys Please give me some advice ;)
If possible , please give me some recommandation of model / brand to get for a begainner .
THANKS!!

sigh ...

I use a Canon, my best friend uses a Nikon. I hate her camera, she hates my camera...
We both shoot nice pictures :D

Best is to pop up to any shop, maybe courts or HN or the other reputable shops listed on the forums... handle the camera yourself, which is more comfortable for yourself, then decide for yourself...

btw... dont restrict to only canon or nikon, PENTAX, OLYMPUS, SONY, PANASONIC makes great dSLRs too !!!

Have fun shopping !!!

i started a thread on this long ago... maybe you can take a look ??
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627308

Last edited:
Please use the search function in this forum.

Similar questions had been asked for numerous time..

Then you don't have to wait for replies, all the previous answers are already there

Hi Guys in ClubSnap!
I'm a newbie here and I'm getting a DSLR camera soon.
But i do not know which brand to get and which is more "comfortable" to wield with.
It's my first time using a DSLR so guys Please give me some advice ;)
If possible , please give me some recommandation of model / brand to get for a begainner .
THANKS!!

You are wielding a DSLR?:bsmilie:

Btw,you are the first newbie this week to ask 'which camera for a newbie' this week:)

Welcome to clubsnap.

Firstly, the fact that both Canon and Nikon sell so many cameras means that many people like using them.
And that's even before we get to the other brands like Sony, Olympus, panasonic, etc.
There are many many brands out there. They are all plenty capable. It's all personal preference. Impossible to help you decide.

It's almost like: which brand of laptop is good?

Nikon, cause you can spell it correctly :)

But then again a cannon is far more powerful when wielded by the right person.
My personal preference is a crude AK-47 though.... :think:

lol, you can do a search of the many threads that have asked a similar question.

You might also want to state your budget, so that the ppl here can help you zoom in on the model/brand. All the camera brands produce good cameras btw, so keep your options open.
Here is a site to help you out on features :
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp

here is another link for camera side by side comparisions.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp

Welcome to Clubsnap

Both are good brands. Selection of camera is very subjective and each person has different criteria and consideration when choosing.

You can go to canon showroom at vivo to play on their dslr.

Just try to hold & grip both cameras on your hand & you should be able to tell yourself.

Sometimes, I feel that it's the camera that choose the owner.

Welcome to CS :)
Walk into any camera shops & when the sales person approach you & say - 'can I help you', you say yes. Say I'm looking for a DSLR, can you show me the different brands & models & explain the functions & specs to me? Most likely he'll help you because he wants to close your sale.
Then get the feel of the cameras, see how it fits in your hands & is the weight ok for you, find out the prices & do not commit yourself. If you have the time, try a few stores nearby. Take back some brochures & go back & think about it & compare.
Decide well before taking the plunge ;)

Asking Canon or Nikon is like asking Coke or Pepsi, Mercedes or BMW, LG or Samsung, etc. Hard to answer.

Coke and Samsung is easy choice, at least for me.

Canon vs Nikon or Merc vs Bimmer will be model dependent, no straight answer.

Asking Canon or Nikon is like asking Coke or Pepsi, Mercedes or BMW, LG or Samsung, etc. Hard to answer.

Thanks all for the advice!! i think I'll go best denki to try those DSLR. Btw, how do we check the cam if is faulty if buying as second hand cam

Thanks all for the advice!! i think I'll go best denki to try those DSLR. Btw, how do we check the cam if is faulty if buying as second hand cam

The safest way, bring along your friend who knows and has been using DSLR to check for you ;)

Oh my ....... i do not had friend who have been dslr lol ><

Oh my ....... i do not had friend who have been dslr lol ><

Just snap a few pictures & play around with the control.

The best is the 2nd hand camera still come with warranty.

canon user will say canon good , nikon will say nikon good , sony will say sony good.
go down to the shop test it yourself :)

canon user will say canon good , nikon will say nikon good , sony will say sony good.

2nd that. :bsmilie:

The salesman at the shop will say all good......................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: