Canned compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Nov 24, 2004
Central
Hi. Does anyone know where to get cheap canned compressed air apart from CP? Anyone seen or heard of a small compressed air machine that can be used for photographic lens cleaning purposes? Thanks!

If i'm not wrong, modelling shops do have compressors or dry compressed air in cans for sale.

When using compressors, be sure to have a moisture trap else you'll be blowing water droplets onto your lens/sensor.

If i'm not wrong, modelling shops do have compressors or dry compressed air in cans for sale.

When using compressors, be sure to have a moisture trap else you'll be blowing water droplets onto your lens/sensor.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Are you talking about the compressors for airbrush?

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Are you talking about the compressors for airbrush?
I have a air compressors for doing air brush, it was about $700 at 15 years ago, has moisture trap with it. (Did some air brush illustration and armour tank modeling kits)
I think you can get air compressors cheaper from hardware stores, but it is the industry type, may need to get the smaller model and add a moisture trap.
It is also good for doing cold laminating for photos.

You can buy from PK computers in Funan center 4th floor, can't remember how much, I think it is about $18 per can, hope that they still have stock.

Be careful when spraying into the lens or sensor, when the air is spray out, the can become cold and can cause condensation on the surface that you blow. Only do a short burst of spray.

Challenger @ Funan.

3M brand, $12.90 ea. 339grams.

Not particularly powerful, and more for office use than for photographic gear. But I use for general dusting of the external surfaces of my gear. Good enough. :thumbsup:

Be careful when spraying into the lens or sensor, when the air is spray out, the can become cold and can cause condensation on the surface that you blow. Only do a short burst of spray.
always spray with can upright...spray with can tilted and especially upside down and you will have serious frosting...:confused: :(

I use the 3M one as well...so far so ok...

I just got 2 from Tampines Challenger. Challenger members get a discount off the 3m compressed air at $9.90. Normal price is $12.90.

always spray with can upright...spray with can tilted and especially upside down and you will have serious frosting...:confused: :(

I use the 3M one as well...so far so ok...

Not only keep upright. Must do a test-spray first. Sometimes some of the propellent can still be ejected out.

hey catchlights, how to see whether my compressor have a moisture trap? is it the release thingy, with a container with it... actually was think of using my compressor to clean up my lenses but jus not sure how should i go abt it : (

hey catchlights, how to see whether my compressor have a moisture trap? is it the release thingy, with a container with it... actually was think of using my compressor to clean up my lenses but jus not sure how should i go abt it : (

its a glass with level gauge, then at the bottom of the glass is a metal tip that when u press will release pressure & water.

From my experience, the canned air coming out is cold enough to cause condensation because of our humid environment. If you keep spraying the can for several seconds you will feel that the can will become cold and water will start to form on the container. So be careful how you use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.