Cang Yuan County and Kunming - info and tips needed

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
This thread helps those who are going to Yunnan and esp those off the beaten track.

Pete

Last edited:
At least I finally found out where I am....:

沧源县临沧地图
http://poi.mapbar.com/lincang/MAPIHMQEXNZNHAHBSWYNC

沧源县政府网
http://www.cangyuan.gov.cn/

“奋进临沧”收看通知 · 沧源佤族自治县国土资源局关于开通12336 · 公告 · 关于印发沧源 县城市出租汽车管理暂行 ... 请提出您对沧源县政府网站需要改进的地方,谢谢! ...
www.cangyuan.gov.cn/ - Cached - Similar

Hi friends
I will be visiting Yunnan to do some social work.
Originally we were to go to a place called Er Yuan.
Now due to operational reasons, we need to transfer to an even more remote county - Cang Yuan.
Even on google or wiki, there isn't a lot of info on this place. Anyone been there before?

Also if we have a couple of days in Kun Ming for R n R after the work is done, any suggestions for food, sights etc?

Cheers

Pete
for kunming, the usual tourist spots are:

a) Stone forest
b) West Hills

:)

Hello from Cang Yuan...
This place is barely 5km from the Burmese border and is rather poor, but the people are warm and the vegetables extra fresh!
It will take you 3.5hrs to KMG, then 35min flight to Lin Cang and finally an ardous 5 hour bus to reach this place....

Just a pic of the kind of scenery to this place:

CYD6126.jpg

Time for another trip to Cang Yuan, and for once, we get some R n R time after doing the social work, so it's off to Li Jiang after the work is done!

Will post pics soon, so I will report back in a couple of weeks!

Ms Gao ([FONT=&#23435]高师傅)[/FONT]or Mrs He took very good care of us.
[FONT=&quot]+86-13988878070
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mrs Gao has a very comfortable and spacious remodeled 300yr old Naxi guest house with courtyard and farm and orchard, hot water and modern toilet. Looks out into the mountains, fresh air and 100% organic fresh supply of veg and eggs. Room + food + transport is 380RMB/night. About 20 mins from Lijiang old town. You can ask if her guest house can take all of you.

A typical old Town hotel can be about 120-200 RMB and it will be pretty good.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

An example of what 160 RMB per room can get:
Yunnan20101855.jpg