Not open for further replies.

solomon76

Aug 28, 2003
a bit grainy :p i took at very high iso :) and sharpened from raw
parentsnite003.jpg

solomon76 said:
a bit grainy :p i took at very high iso :) and sharpened from raw
parentsnite003.jpg

About the candle, is the flame intentionally left out? Can't see much of it. Nice expression of moods. maybe the background could be a bit more blurred. well, thats my opinion. :)

The candle picture looks ok and has that nice feel of concentric circles. However I don't like how the napkin forms "bunny ears" for the candle. Moving to the right a little would eliminate that problem. in addition using less DOF will mean lower iso and a less distracting background. The grain in B&W does not bother me at all.

I can see what you are going for in the door picture but I don't think it works. The bright strip of wood on the left of the frame draws your eye away from the focal point of the sign "The Guild". The reflected light on the right of the frame is also distracting. Try a closer crop eliminating the right and left of the frame.

shallower DOF would be great and the candle is right in the centre which is not recommended.

door pic doesnt work for me.

Tzuen said:
The candle picture looks ok and has that nice feel of concentric circles. However I don't like how the napkin forms "bunny ears" for the candle. Moving to the right a little would eliminate that problem. in addition using less DOF will mean lower iso and a less distracting background. The grain in B&W does not bother me at all.

I can see what you are going for in the door picture but I don't think it works. The bright strip of wood on the left of the frame draws your eye away from the focal point of the sign "The Guild". The reflected light on the right of the frame is also distracting. Try a closer crop eliminating the right and left of the frame.

Hey thaks for the bunny ears.. i felt that the picture overall was not that abstract enuff. In fact when i did the composition this was the best that i could manage with all those stuff in background, sad to say i own i used the F=3.5 for this...
maybe could have zoomed in more to get a shallower DOF

f3.5 is good enuff, use longer zoom to have a nicer bokeh :D

yupz :)
should have zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.