Cancer expected to increase in Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is seriously causing concerns to many individuals. I have known of 3 people who died of cancer within the past 1year. All three led a very healthy lifestyle and drank milk. The age range was 40+year old lady, 50+ year old lady and the third, 90+year old man. And all three of them only found out 2mths before their death (ie final stage cancer).

Do you think it is true part of the bad diet has to do with dairy products? I know this is a touchy topic as some would totally dissagree. But could it be that cows, being genetically re-engineered, may be producing some substances that our body could not accept.

Of course, the veggie, the meat and other food substance are also the by products of bio-chem sciences.

What are we really eating today?

Where have you read that cows are genetically re-engineered? What nonsense! (sorry for my reaction) There are no cows re-engineered!.........please don't believe all that nonsense if you had read it somewhere.

'Engineered' food doesn't always mean it is bad for us, food engineering has always been done by humans since the invention of agriculture, beer, tofu, cheese making are some examples of bio-engineering.

We also eat natural mutants (broccoli, cauliflower), corn and rice that we eat now are not 'natural' anymore as they had already been bred to suit our taste using traditional plant breeding. The new Molecular Breeding by inserting certain genes is just a simplification of that traditional breeding and is actually less dangerous as we introduce less unwanted genes as compared to traditional breeding (through crossing).

Food plays an important role in the development of cancer, as well as the environment, some people are also more inclined genetically to develop cancers, smoking increases
the chances of developing cancer.

Also, the level of your immune system is important whether your own body can defend against the development of cancers inside your body (we have a repair system in our cells to defend ourselves against cell damage as well as DNA damage, which in many cases could lead to cancers).

Fish is I think much healthier than eating red meat, and healthy regular exercise will increase our immune system, also being too clean is I think not so good as that reduces our immune system.

HS

We? Nah..

But unlike in wealthy countries where the world's top medical care is found, there will likely be no prevention or treatment for many living in poor countries.

We don't have Mayo Clinic but our medical facilities are certainly adequate ;)

/goes back to eating a McDonalds meal

Make a change by changing your eating habits. So they say....

Cancer cells within us increase with age. The likelihood of contracting cancer of various sorts nowadays ain't exactly a needle in a haystack.

There are no stringent QC's on the cooking tools our local hawker centres utilize. Take a plate of Chay Kway Teow for example. The frying wok used have been "charred" overtime and most of these "charred cancer-causing materials" are entering our bodies. How not to contract cancer?

Living in "gaseous" metropolitians polluted by SUVs, cigarette cartels supplying cancer sticks to our young and old, alcoholics who go on torturing their livers (turning a supposed soft organ into a hard one), cooked food so olified beyond our imagination only to increase the number of gatro-intestinal cancer rates amongst our citizens.

Isn't it about time the people in power do something about this recurring problem?

I guess not. As in the end, we're all more concerned with the "dollars and 'sense'" that revolves with Planet Earth.

Such is life. Long live the hospitals and the medical care they bestow on us, for one day, yours and my turn will come.

what abt those EMF all around us.. does that contribute to it?

Not suprising .... with so many handphones...signals are all over the place!

A street doctor said I got cancer in lung, throat, kidney, breast, liver and bowel 20 years ago.

How come I am still living?

Photography keeps me live. Everytime you look through the viewfinder you live 10 years longer.

A street doctor said I got cancer in lung, throat, kidney, breast, liver and bowel 20 years ago.

Photography keeps me live. Everytime you look through the viewfinder you live 10 years longer.

... then I better look at the VF more :bsmilie:

you must be immortal! :bigeyes:

..must be the caps..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

EMF not EMS. EMS is Emergency Medical Services.

EMF is Electromagnetic Field, i.e radio waves from mobile phones, transmitting/receiving base stations for phones, television and radio and satellite transmissions.

Other suspected causes of cancer are:
High consumption of animal fats; pollutants from vehicle exhaust/manufacturing processes/incineration(/nuclear fallout?) that permeates our lungs, the rain clouds, water systems, land systems; higher consumption of processed foods; farm animals being fed GM (genetically modified) feeds; farm animals being administered cocktail of antibiotics for better survival rates; and even the non-stick teflon coating on most cooking appliances; and of course our own genetic hereditary.

farm animals being fed GM (genetically modified) feeds
Can you explain this one? I used to work with GM plants, what's the link with cancer? Please there is alot of nonsense about it around, your other points are valid in high doses off course............

HS

AK00™;3113647 said:
Make a change by changing your eating habits. So they say....

Cancer cells within us increase with age. The likelihood of contracting cancer of various sorts nowadays ain't exactly a needle in a haystack.

There are no stringent QC's on the cooking tools our local hawker centres utilize. Take a plate of Chay Kway Teow for example. The frying wok used have been "charred" overtime and most of these "charred cancer-causing materials" are entering our bodies. How not to contract cancer?

Living in "gaseous" metropolitians polluted by SUVs, cigarette cartels supplying cancer sticks to our young and old, alcoholics who go on torturing their livers (turning a supposed soft organ into a hard one), cooked food so olified beyond our imagination only to increase the number of gatro-intestinal cancer rates amongst our citizens.

Isn't it about time the people in power do something about this recurring problem?

I guess not. As in the end, we're all more concerned with the "dollars and 'sense'" that revolves with Planet Earth.

Such is life. Long live the hospitals and the medical care they bestow on us, for one day, yours and my turn will come.

Well said :thumbsup:

These days its all about money. Its the only thing that talks and makes the world tick. Its a sorry state of affairs, but that's the way it is.

Well I'm not too sure where the direct link is, but this is what I read in the mainstream media. And my layman understanding says that genes being the building blocks of life, is made by even smaller blocks, DNA.

And knowing that our DNA varies from our quite different relative the chimpanzee, by just a few chromosones, it shows how a very small difference in the basic building blocks of life causes a very big difference in the overall structure and development of an organic being.

At the very fundamental levels in DNA interaction, I do not believe science has been able to understand and control it fully. Because every action causes its own chain reaction which we do not understand fully, hence introducing a new gene into something else, or manipulating the gene creates some reactions which we can recognise, but there are lots of other reactions which we may not see yet. Thats what I understand from the basic information that I have read and heard.

But I am just a layman. Maybe you could help shed more light why you think otherwise, that GM does not have a clear link to cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.