can you id the celebrities in this picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que Lynn

Jun 13, 2002
Singapore! :)
www.pbase.com
hi!

took this picture during national day, and was wondering who the celebrities are. i only recognize gurmit singh and is the lady in black and brown stephanie sun? not very familiar with the other faces.

can someone id them for me? thanks :p

mediacorp.jpg

how didja get them to pose?

caught them before the pre-parade show?

Right to Left:
Jamie Teo, Stephanie Sun, Sharon Au, Haney, Gurmit Singh, Adrian Pang

Originally posted by Juvelyn
Right to Left:
Jamie Teo, Stephanie Sun, Sharon Au, Haney, Gurmit Singh, Adrian Pang

cool! thanks for the id...

was walking around with some folks carrying cameras as well, and then saw some military group shots being taken. and then these folks joined in the photo!

very sharp!

you managed to capture the celebrities, a BG and plus the Provost contingent!

Originally posted by mervlam
very sharp!

=========================================

she's using Oly e-10 or e-20

Que Lyn,
wow... nice pix

Hi,

I believe the shot was taken at the steps to the entrance of Singapore Indoor Stadium. All the parade contigents took their turns to take their group photo there.

I was there with the PSS. I didn't think too much about taking group photos of the various contigents and have left my camera (without film and no lens attached) in my bag all the while when these celebrities appear out of nowhere... Really should have kick myself in the butts :kok: These folks were just 3-4 metres away having their photos taken... :cry: :cry:

KS

Originally posted by kssim
Hi,

I believe the shot was taken at the steps to the entrance of Singapore Indoor Stadium. All the parade contigents took their turns to take their group photo there.

I was there with the PSS. I didn't think too much about taking group photos of the various contigents and have left my camera (without film and no lens attached) in my bag all the while when these celebrities appear out of nowhere... Really should have kick myself in the butts :kok: These folks were just 3-4 metres away having their photos taken... :cry: :cry:

KS

poor thing!

Chairman of Parade segment this year is very kind. He thought that as a momento to all the participants in the parade he would give them a photograph each, that is why they went round taking group shots. 4000 odd photos have been budgeted for.

what time were you there?

must've been early - you managed to catch Stephanie Sun and Jamie Teo before they changed into their outfits for performance :)

heh heh I recognise that provost unit uniform anywhere!! haha!!

Originally posted by kssim
Hi,

KS

Was on my way to opposite Cosy Bay for the fireworks with Red Dawn when I saw the whole troupe of soldiers in red walking down the flight of stairs. I call that the "Sea of Red". Both of us had cameras INSIDE the bag, UNLOADED. As they walked past, took a mental picture and cursed ourselves for not having a loaded camera ready.

Actually we should kick ourselves, for we have seen them sitting on the north entrance forecourt waiting for their turn, was hesitating too much whether to load our cameras and with what film. ;p

Oh well.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by eadwine
heh heh I recognise that provost unit uniform anywhere!! haha!!

- off topic -

Don't mistake a Musician for a Military Policeman :D :p :bsmilie:

- off topic -

Don't mistake a Musician for a Military Policeman :D :p :bsmilie:

Ah the musicians changed to the standard Army no.3 two years back. Only the provost wear the 'temasek' green nowadays.

Originally posted by Juvelyn
what time were you there?
must've been early - you managed to catch Stephanie Sun and Jamie Teo before they changed into their outfits for performance :)

Er, according to the timestamp, it was about 4:30pm... was hanging around the indoor stadium area between 4 to 6:30pm to see if there was anything interesting to take pics of.

:p

very sharp!

yow, i didn't even know who they were... just that they were men in uniform. :p

got some pics of some groups, but only subsections, just to capture their expressions when they were screaming "happy birthday singapore" to another guy in uniform with a sony handicam. :p

oh and yah, am using an olympus e10... it has quite a sharp fixed lens (too sharp for some i guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.