Can you guide me which digital camera best for my profession?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielstallon

Sep 20, 2008
Hey guys,

This is my fist time in this forum, and I am really exited. I'm a beginner photographer and I'm thinking in buying my first canon camera. Most of what I do is portrait, Wedding and fashion photography and I'm still confused which canon camera should i buy. My options are EOS 40D, EOS 450D. Please let me know which one do you think is the best camera for me? My friend refer me one site provides for digital camera reviews. Also, what kind of lenses you recommend would be better to get for this camera?

Hey guys,

This is my fist time in this forum, and I am really exited. I'm a beginner photographer and I'm thinking in buying my first canon camera. Most of what I do is portrait, Wedding and fashion photography and I'm still confused which canon camera should i buy. My options are EOS 40D, EOS 450D. Please let me know which one do you think is the best camera for me? My friend refer me one site provides for digital camera reviews. Also, what kind of lenses you recommend would be better to get for this camera?
depends on your budget but either Nikon or Canon will do the job with 85mm prime lens + 70-200mm F/2.8.

Myself i use a K20D system but its definitely not a beginner`s work-right-out-of-the-box camera but its features reflect pro level usage.

choosing first cameras are never easy affair...... especially when you want to immediately make it a profession

do a google search on 'beginner dslr' and another on 'wedding portrait photographer' ....... there should be enough results on both searches ....... and find a middle path

good luck

hey bro,

as u stated above, u mentioned that u wanna go into wedding portrait and fashion photography.

these fields require good lighting systems ie: flashes.

u may wanna consider nikon on this one cause its a well known THING (i shant say fact although it may very well be but may anger some people and i should be politically correct) that nikon does have a great lighting system that is more consistent, easy to use and cheaper. being that your starting out dont think your gonna go out and do strobes and stuff as yet.

i have found nikons speedlight wireless system very useful being built in to its flashes and can be triggered by a pop up without needing extra accesories extremely useful when i did fashion photography and weddings too.

sorry to cause you a dilemma i know you were quite dead set on a cannon. however if ur still only considering then go for the 40d.

Hey guys,

Erm. If I may... You say this is your profession? And yet you do not know the basics of the various camera brands, their strengths and weaknesses, what lenses work in what situation?
I'm sorry if I need to ask again... You said this is your profession???

As a starter, any camera with kit lens will do.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with learning to drive in a Ferrari, but for most folk, a Honda City will probably be better.

As Rashkae rightly points out, you need to be sure of what you're doing first. The best source of advice you can get will probably be from yourself, when you've gained enough experience and you know exactly what tools you need to cover the job and express your own personal style.

FWIW, get the 40D, a basic kit lens, and a 2nd hand flashgun. Then concentrate on developing your own technique and style first. After a while, you will figure out what you need.

why don't you look for a professional who has experience and be his/her understudy for a period of time first before you buy anything? he/she might be able to tell you what are the strengths and weaknesses of different systems and you can take it from there.

My advise is to pick up a camera ,explore its function, learn the basic of good photography and known the trick of the trade before you start taking up assignment for a shoot.

Getting a DSLR does not made any Tom, Dick or Henry can become a Pro Photographer. Start from basic before you mess up a poor chap's once in a life time wedding. I am sure you don't like to handle complaints from clients.

There's no one perfect system or model for everyone.

Some photogs will choose one system for it's lenses, and another for another set of features which they consider of utmost importance to them just like how some choose a particular brand/model for it's sensor.

I won't mention brands or models for two reasons: 1) it will likely start some brand war, and 2) It might biase your views.

Why not do a Google search of say 50 wedding and portrait photographers around the world, and compile a list of Brand / Model / Flash / Lenses they use. I'm sure after awhile you will see certain patterns emerging. ;)

All the best oin you new passion!

Status
Not open for further replies.