Can you feel things moving inside your 400D when you shake it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah lao....dangerous piece of info lurking around...no camera should have a sound when shaked unless u have a loose plastic lead for your camera memory card which is the only piece of equipment in a digital body that is not engineered for precision. Your buttons are all engineered to perfection and will not rotate like our old manual films...

It just don't make sense for a camera to have such a sound because nature photography requires u to have absolute silence unless u r taking photo....if u remember a show call jurrasic park, in one of the scene, a Nikon F5 user snapped at a dino and apparently it alarmed the beast launching attack.

Just ask yourself if u r using a 400D in the wild and u are walking or travelling with the camera on hand or shoulder and it rattles? U will only be shooting plants and no animals at all.

Get it repaired pal...before your warranty goes off....pose this question to your repairman if he insist this is normal.

PS : I dun own a 400D but I have a 5, 1v, 20D,30D and none of them rattles. If this model rattles then its time to go Nikon.

Umm there is an orientation sensor in the 350/400d that does make that rattling sound... its not that loud though.

wah lao....dangerous piece of info lurking around...no camera should have a sound when shaked unless u have a loose plastic lead for your camera memory card which is the only piece of equipment in a digital body that is not engineered for precision. Your buttons are all engineered to perfection and will not rotate like our old manual films...

It just don't make sense for a camera to have such a sound because nature photography requires u to have absolute silence unless u r taking photo....if u remember a show call jurrasic park, in one of the scene, a Nikon F5 user snapped at a dino and apparently it alarmed the beast launching attack.

Just ask yourself if u r using a 400D in the wild and u are walking or travelling with the camera on hand or shoulder and it rattles? U will only be shooting plants and no animals at all.

Get it repaired pal...before your warranty goes off....pose this question to your repairman if he insist this is normal.

PS : I dun own a 400D but I have a 5, 1v, 20D,30D and none of them rattles. If this model rattles then its time to go Nikon.
My friend use Canon and when the focus work, the USM motor on the lens create UltraSonic sound that put alert on animal. Sound from orientation switch is very soft and you will not notice it unless you shake it.

Regards,
Arto.

My friend use Canon and when the focus work, the USM motor on the lens create UltraSonic sound that put alert on animal. Sound from orientation switch is very soft and you will not notice it unless you shake it.

The capturing process is inevitable...like pressing of the shutter, focusing mechanism that one can be explain because anyway the faster the focus and capturing process, the faster u get your nature shot and who cares whether is yogi bear still licking the honey or not?

I'm talking about stalking or tracking animals in the wild. Just because we cannot hear doesn't mean the animals cannot. Bird and wildlife photographers will understand this better.

Umm there is an orientation sensor in the 350/400d that does make that rattling sound
that is why the pro models and the general bodies are priced apart! They are basically forcing photographers to choose their field of photography with money!

I've heard the rattle of a friend's 400D and have to say it's a little disconcerting. He'd literally had it for about two days and then the noise started. I advised him to take to CSC.

Sorry but i am getting confused. So is it normal or not to have that very minute shaking rattling sound when you shake the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.