Can you chop a public bicycle stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

May 27, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Is it an abusive act to public property when someone just make others
unable to use the bicycle stand by locking it?

Locking a public bicycle stand seems to be a very selfish act similiar
to chopping a table and the seats at the hawker centres with tissue papers.

What are your opinions on this?

:(

BikeStandAbuse1.jpg

rotten behavior :nono:

But unless all the other stands are occupied, it's tolerable i guess :think:

Actually, same like the tissue paper one, you can still park your bicycle there - their "lock" doens't preclude you from doing so.

Of course, you need to weigh the risk of your bicycle being vandalised since unlike the tissue paper scenario, you aren't there to deal with the angry person (although he does not even have a right to be angry).

Actually, same like the tissue paper one, you can still park your bicycle there - their "lock" doens't preclude you from doing so.

Of course, you need to weigh the risk of your bicycle being vandalised since unlike the tissue paper scenario, you aren't there to deal with the angry person (although he does not even have a right to be angry).

If the person is mean enough, he will arrive, then lock your bike with his lock.....

If you cant beat them, just walk away on ignore mode.

Surely somewhere, somehow, someday, someone would take care of the situation with a tool.

Well you can always do the same to him as well.

If the person is mean enough, he will arrive, then lock your bike with his lock.....

Given how rotten/rusty that trolley was, i supposed its owner is some old garang guni man whom probably have alrd passed away for years....

As for the other stand, I don't understand why the person actually jus "locked" the stand.... Probably this person have already forgotten abt this bicycle lock which he/she left behind??

My suggestion is to juz ask the town council to remove all those stuff if, indeed those items have been placed there for weeks/months/years without anyone claiming ownership to it....

Status
Not open for further replies.