Can you believe these are paintings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google 'Realism art movement' or 'realist art movement'.

CHEERS!

Old news ... about 150 years old to be exact.

but still it's damn good. this is what i call art...not the ugly picasso pieces...

oh dear

you sound like me. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I used to think the same as you two about Picasso until I saw "The Weeping Woman" in real life. Awe inspiring piece of work and it really hits you in the guts and chokes up the emotions. Brilliant artist was Picasso but not the sort of artist who has much impact in books.

I used to think the same as you two about Picasso until I saw "The Weeping Woman" in real life. Awe inspiring piece of work and it really hits you in the guts and chokes up the emotions. Brilliant artist was Picasso but not the sort of artist who has much impact in books.
nope...nothing...:dunno:

anyway...since we're on the subject, is mona lisa a realism painting?

nope...nothing...:dunno:

anyway...since we're on the subject, is mona lisa a realism painting?

Technically it's not as it's Rennaissance while the "realism school" didn't start until the mid 19th century. However it is realistic and seeing the original is well worth the trip to the Louvre.

There used to be an uncle who runs a shop along Tanjong Pagar Road in the 70s, near the Metropole Theatre (now a church), and I have seen him handcopy small photographs(usually portraits) into huge pictures. His works are so perfect, I don't think people actually will detect that it was actually a painting! It was really interesting when I walked past his shop once every other day and saw his "progress" how it went from a rough and faint sketch until it finally became a completed picture, which actually looked better than the original.

There used to be an uncle who runs a shop along Tanjong Pagar Road in the 70s, near the Metropole Theatre (now a church), and I have seen him handcopy small photographs(usually portraits) into huge pictures. His works are so perfect, I don't think people actually will detect that it was actually a painting! It was really interesting when I walked past his shop once every other day and saw his "progress" how it went from a rough and faint sketch until it finally became a completed picture, which actually looked better than the original.

where is the uncle now?

holy crap its damn good...

why buy the 5dmk2 when u can buy some paint and canvass?

but still it's damn good. this is what i call art...not the ugly picasso pieces...

Picasso was actually technically proficient when it came to painting realistically, just that he was better known for his Cubist works.

because many people can fill a 16GB CF full of XMM photos within a 1 1/2 hours photos shoot.

but it takes weeks just to paint a portrait.

a good portrait is not executed with just snapping away while breathing heavily and sweating and having a hard sensation in your groin.... it is done with feeling, good technique, a deep knowledge of lighting etc.

so maybe, to people it is the shutter speed on the camera, the 1/180 seconds that it takes for the thing to flap up and down, but behind it it probably involves a lot more work than that.

it took me 2 minutes to draw this.

5.jpg

to me, it is the same thing as what all the gwc that anyhow shoot xmm produce. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

p.s. if any gwc want my xmm to dance, just pm me, i make gif for you all to nosebleed at night :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.