Can you ask this question?

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
I have accepted a temp job offer to start on Mon. However, I have 1 interview tomorrow (early morning) for a perm role. Most interviewers tell you they will get back to you in 1 weeks time. Can you ask the interviewer before the interview (meaning today),if they can give you a reply by tomorrow afternoon? Yes, it sounds like I am rushing them. Some say they have just started the interviews. Should I just start the temp job then let the perm role interviewer know that I can't start their job immediately. :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

UPDATE:

Thanks to everyone who responded. The recruitment agent told me the temp position is on hold(this seems like a common practice). I heard this a few times already. Sigh! So there is no need to worry anymore. As for the perm role, it's gonna take another 2 weeks. I didn't rush anyone.

Last edited:
You don't tell the interviewers when to revert. You can make it clear to the them that you are holding another job now and can only commence work with them(if you are hired) at a particular date e.g. 1 month from the date they confirmed to offer you the job.

I would suggest being honest and let the interviewer know. It is a perfectly understandable situation and I don't see how it would jeopardise your chances.

I would suggest being honest and let the interviewer know. It is a perfectly understandable situation and I don't see how it would jeopardise your chances.

Agree. Nothing wrong to tell the truth. In fact I will appreciate such honesty and plan how to fill the gaps. Usually temp job also don't require long notice period. Not many interviewers need to fill the position or expect the candidate to start work immediately too.

UPDATE:

Thanks to everyone who responded. The recruitment agent told me the temp position is on hold(this seems like a common practice). I heard this a few times already. Sigh! So there is no need to worry anymore. As for the perm role, it's gonna take another 2 weeks. I didn't rush anyone.

Cheer up, stay positive and good luck!

"On Hold" means they found someone Cheaper, Better, Faster (CBF) lah.

Last edited: