Can We Trust People

Status
Not open for further replies.

BESTFOTO

Jul 16, 2007
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Advertised I Wanted Canon Xm2 Camcorder. But To My Surprise A Person In Italy Reponded And Showd Me Pictures And Convinced Me The Camera Is 9/10 And Priced At Rm3100. But Wants Me To Bank In In Western Union Transfer And Then Only He Will Post Me. Can I Trust This Person. I Said I Prefer Cod. But Canot Be Done S It Is International. Any Suggestions. Thanks.....rajsingh Ipoh

Does Anyone Know Of Canon Xm2 Camcorder. It Is Discontinued By Canon Malaysia. Pls Contact Me At 012-5887719. Thanks

sure shot rip off. this the SOP for the con artists out there...promise u the moon and then bam...there is the request for Western Union money transfer!! ppoooofff...next thing u know...all ur dosh gone!! beware! :eek:

Pay first by Western Union should have set off the alarm klaxons.

BTW, typing in all initial caps makes things harder to read. :bsmilie:;)

I'll say DON'T fall for it. Several months ago when I posted a WTB ads on Scubaboard, a guy from Brazil replied almost immediately. Said he can accept payment via paypal. My instinct told me to steer clear.

I'll say DON'T fall for it. Several months ago when I posted a WTB ads on Scubaboard, a guy from Brazil replied almost immediately. Said he can accept payment via paypal. My instinct told me to steer clear.

I take it you've never bought anything from ebay before..

Always view that person's feedback profile whenever possible if buying things from eBay. I will always ask questions from that person before bidding any item(s) on eBay.
This will give you a clearer picture whether you have that confident in bidding the item. If information is still not clear enough. Ask again. Don't ever do last minute purchasing if you want to buy things from overseas.
Anyway, good luck & all the best in getting things you like to have.:)

PAYPAL is safe (provided you use a credit card for payment and NOT your paypal balance)! Western Union IS NOT SAFE!!!!

HS

For online trading, paypal is THE WAY to go. Nothing comes close to it.

Advertised I Wanted Canon Xm2 Camcorder. But To My Surprise A Person In Italy Reponded And Showd Me Pictures And Convinced Me The Camera Is 9/10 And Priced At Rm3100. But Wants Me To Bank In In Western Union Transfer And Then Only He Will Post Me. Can I Trust This Person. I Said I Prefer Cod. But Canot Be Done S It Is International. Any Suggestions. Thanks.....rajsingh Ipoh
This is a confirm scam, i am sure the feller has given u the address as well as some other information for you transfer the money to. Do a search on it, it should come up in some scam alert website. I got this offer many times about 2 years ago, 1DSmkII for 3000usd... sounded to good to be true, did my research and found that they are listed as scammers... from italy too. on the WWW. something that seems too good to be true usually is too good to be true... ;)

I take it you've never bought anything from ebay before..

Erh what has tis got to do with experience buying online/ebay. Never done so doesn't means one has to be stupid. A fool if u want to be, go ahead and soon u & ur money will part.

Erh what has tis got to do with experience buying online/ebay. Never done so doesn't means one has to be stupid. A fool if u want to be, go ahead and soon u & ur money will part.

because if you have used ebay before you will be familiar with paypal since most ebay auctions are paid thru paypal and if you are familiar with paypal you will know that paypal offers buyer protection for certain items and even for items that have no buyer protection, if you can proof that you have been cheated paypal will help you recover your money

because if you have used ebay before you will be familiar with paypal since most ebay auctions are paid thru paypal and if you are familiar with paypal you will know that paypal offers buyer protection for certain items and even for items that have no buyer protection, if you can proof that you have been cheated paypal will help you recover your money

TQ but that Brazilian earnest to sell was kinda of suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.