Can we take photos on the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sausage

Feb 1, 2002
At home
www.singaporeanimenews.net
Last night at 9 pm, I was around a traffic junction in Orchard when a very nice tuned car came by and stopped at the traffic light. It was a gold Silvia, with GT wing, very nice modded headlights and lots of decals on the sides. Beautiful, I thought, so I took a photo of it.

After that I walked down to the Heeren, and as I was about to enter I heard a woman calling behind me.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Just now you took a photo of our car right? I want you to delete it!"

It was the passenger in the car, who had apparently got off at the earlier junction and chased me down the street.

Of course I didn't delete it, but I was just wondering, why is everyone so scared of appearing in photographs these days? It's as if they committed some crime and are afraid of being identified.

Sausage said:
Last night at 9 pm, I was around a traffic junction in Orchard when a very nice tuned car came by and stopped at the traffic light. It was a gold Silvia, with GT wing, very nice modded headlights and lots of decals on the sides. Beautiful, I thought, so I took a photo of it.

After that I walked down to the Heeren, and as I was about to enter I heard a woman calling behind me.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Just now you took a photo of our car right? I want you to delete it!"

It was the passenger in the car, who had apparently got off at the earlier junction and chased me down the street.

Of course I didn't delete it, but I was just wondering, why is everyone so scared of appearing in photographs these days? It's as if they committed some crime and are afraid of being identified.

Just delete it. Use image recovery software to retrieve it later :)

Looking at this situation, maybe you might have captured a very incriminating evidence of "something" :think: . I believe the driver of that car is a guy.

She'r probably afraid that you'll send the photo to LTA to report her for illegal mods, like HID, etc.

But as long as you choose to appear in public, there is a chance that you might be captured on firm, or on storage card, in this case.

U can tell her. Taking a picture of your car is not illegal, but beating me up to make sure I do it is. :bsmilie:

lightning said:
Ha Ha, I will take a photo of her as well....

she might knock into your lens 'accidentally' you know?

Sausage said:

if she requested politely maybe just let it be and delete it if the picture ain't that important. if she wasn't courteous enough just tell her she hasn't got any right to have you delete the picture lor :)

This is normal reaction.. If I were the driver or passenger, definitely I won't like strangers coming taking shots of myself or car. I find it rather rude. If I were the photographer, I will delete the pics if requested.

in a society in singapore, and especially in a high profile place like orchard road. and when u want to shoot somthing that dun belongs to you. ask for permission.

unless u tell me u walk up to a person and say i wan to take a picture of u. see wad happens to u lor.

S14 or S15? With GT wing. They are scared of the traffic police asking them to go down to LTA lar. Coz you know, with the licence plate.

Anyway, if they are so scared then don't play tiong chia lar. Sigh...

But seriously a GT wing is one of the worst investment, along with a mod exhaust. Sure get taken down. Might as well lup turbo or semi-slicks, at least can more or less use it.

eikin said:
she might knock into your lens 'accidentally' you know?

if she requested politely maybe just let it be and delete it if the picture ain't that important. if she wasn't courteous enough just tell her she hasn't got any right to have you delete the picture lor :)

Yah, I know she will knock into me! So better snap and run! Hahahaha....

BTW, Eikin, you stay in Punggol? I just setup a forum for punggol residents...hope to get people into that forum to keep each other inform about the happenings in punggol. Check out http://www.punggol.org

So far not many people knows about it, help to spread the message around!

Cheers

Hmm not all GT wings are illegal, there are perfectly legal GT wings as well.

2100 said:
S14 or S15? With GT wing. They are scared of the traffic police asking them to go down to LTA lar. Coz you know, with the licence plate.

Anyway, if they are so scared then don't play tiong chia lar. Sigh...

But seriously a GT wing is one of the worst investment, along with a mod exhaust. Sure get taken down. Might as well lup turbo or semi-slicks, at least can more or less use it.

vince123123 said:
Hmm not all GT wings are illegal, there are perfectly legal GT wings as well.
Yeah i know. Those are not exactly the true blue technically speaking GT wings lar.....just for aesthetics and not to tweak the rear end or provide any real downforce.

Anyway, I have no idea why FF cars wanna have GT wings....so that they can't corner at high speeds? :bsmilie: Maybe in SG it's not a problem, but if the boneheads dare try stints on the NS highway or PG, may they be blessed man....

Oh well, once called up to lane 8, I'm sure more mods would be revealed!

Sausage said:
They might as well leave their car at home all wrapped in black plastic.

why don't you introduce them to gaffer tapes? maybe they can gaffer up their car :bsmilie:

huggable said:
Oh well, once called up to lane 8, I'm sure more mods would be revealed!
That's why. A fast mod car usually has no loud and visible mods. Check out those still available EGs/EKs, very tame nowadays compared to last itme but still can go reasonably fast. Stay low lar. Last time drive Orchard Gudang I even put Baby In Car Mickey mouse sign. Sedan with GT wings, gimme 1 hand on the steering, i'll race with them. :D j/king. But serious, nowadays the car scene tame lar. Last time even motorbikes raced with TPs, no horse run.....TP Yamahas can't corner comparatively.

Save for the $$$ rich R34s and likes with connections lar..... hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.