Can we prevent photos from getting stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlchong

Aug 7, 2004
Redhill
Hi guys,

I have some potraits shots that i want to put up in the gallery, but i am afraid that the photos might be stolen. I am not so much worried that they might be used for commercial purposes and thus the issue of licensing arises.

But i am very much worried that people with malicious intent might put them up in ''undesirable'' sites, such as sg girls.

It's quite a big issue on my part cos i feel that it's my responsibilty to ensure that the ''cyber-modesty'' of the girls i shot are not outraged! :nono:

I have read the thread entitled ''watermark?'' watermark?
In that thread, watermarking is one way to prevent photos from getting stolen, but apparently, some seniors pointed out that it's not fool proof.

My questions as follows:
1) I am not too sure how it works. Can it be done in Photoshop elements?( cos that's the best version i have)

2) Is there any other ways to prevent the photos from getting stolen? :dunno:

3) err.. this last question is quite duh.. how to shrink the size of my photo file, so that i can post in the galleries?

Thanks.

The best way is no other than not to post any of the pics! It is sad but true! :cry: :bheart:

jlchong said:
Hi guys,

My questions as follows:
1) I am not too sure how it works. Can it be done in Photoshop elements?( cos that's the best version i have)

2) Is there any other ways to prevent the photos from getting stolen? :dunno:

3) err.. this last question is quite duh.. how to shrink the size of my photo file, so that i can post in the galleries?

Thanks.

1) as some others already pointed out, simply putting the copyright text on the images does not work everytime...but it's still a method to try to avoid photos being leeched.. :think:

2) to prevent photos from being leeched? simple...
a) don't post the pics of beautiful girls for the general public to see. only show to those people that you think you can get more constructive comments from;
b) resize it to sooo small that those leechers finds it pointless to leech your photos;
c) put a really big copyright text tat cover almost the whole photo;
d) find not pretty models, or shoot animals at the zoo;
e) if you want to show your photos to gather comments, have them printed out and go to SEED.

3) resize the photos to the size of the avatars allowed here???

Thank you one and all for your enlightening me..

well,i come from the old school of film.. so i must say that PS is still pretty like greek to me. Just only ventured into the world of digital so all these PSing is like wow..overwhelming man.. relearning photography all over again..

I shall slowly figure out the mysterious universe of PS.

And thanks to all the advice.
Appreciate it!

cheers! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.