Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niccon

Mar 9, 2004
Please advise if human eye can detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD monitor when viewing photo enlargement? Will the display quality degrade with 0.02mm different between the two panel?

Thanks.

Please advise if human eye can detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD monitor when viewing photo enlargement? Will the display quality degrade with 0.02mm different between the two panel?

Thanks.
nope for me...

Your eyes probably cannot tell 0.02mm. However, 0.02mm reduction in pitch means you can squeeze 16% more pixel into a screen of the same size.

BC

Am I right to say that enlarged picture/photo quality viewed on 0.27mm is same as 0.25mm LCD?

Am I right to say that enlarged picture/photo quality viewed on 0.27mm is same as 0.25mm LCD?
if both enlarged to the same %, i think the 0.27mm will give you a bigger look but might not be as fine as the 0.25mm.

if both enlarged to the same %, i think the 0.27mm will give you a bigger look but might not be as fine as the 0.25mm.

I felt like that too. My Old 17" is 0.28 or 0.29 and new 20" is 0.25. The 17" give something like coarse look and 20" looks more refine when enlarge photos. For a moment, I thought it is just my feel only so want to seek confirmation here since I am intending to get a 24" which is 0.27.

Status
Not open for further replies.