Can users of Kata DR466 or DR467 give some feedback on your bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htngwilliam

May 17, 2005
Tiny island
Guys

I intend to get either of the above but I need some feedback from users despite I read some reviews.

1) Is it easier to take our your gear on the go? Some backpacks like Tamra 3375 has a side access.

2) Is it heavy as compared to other bagpacks because it weigh 1.2kg when empty?

3) Other comments

Thanks!

Guys

I intend to get either of the above but I need some feedback from users despite I read some reviews.

1) Is it easier to take our your gear on the go? Some backpacks like Tamra 3375 has a side access.

2) Is it heavy as compared to other bagpacks because it weigh 1.2kg when empty?

3) Other comments

Thanks!

1) There is no side access, you had to unsling one side pull the bag to the front then take out the camera from the base.

2) The bag is very light.

3) The one thing i dun like about this bag is when i place the laptop in the bag and when i sit down... its rather stiff, i can feel the laptop pressing my back (i got a little hunchback). So in the end, i decided to sell it off and switch to a should bag (billingham) instead.

got a DR466..
its light n comfy to carry around.wont feel the weight on ur shoulders.

Thank you. After i look at the specs, it seems that 467 is only 2cm taller than 466. I think both should weigh almost the same.

I carried the DR466 for a few walking trips around Singapore, Tioman Island & Philippines. As this is a backpack type of bag so it is not easy to take out the gear on the go. I have to put down the bag on the floor or on a table/bench then take out the gear. The bag is light and very comfortable to carry.
The bottow half is quite spacious, I can put in a DSLR body (D700), 1 mid zoom and 1 tele zoom, 1 flash light and filter/battery/memory. The top half I put some personal stuffs, water bottle on the side pocket which is very slippery and the bottle will drop out if u run or swing. The back pocket is meant for laptop but I like to put towel, spare clothing, magazines, the size just nice.
Now the negative point, at the top there is a small hole which Kata said it is meant for MP3 cable, it is easy for water/dust to get inside through this small hole so got to seal it up. And the rain cover is a very clumsy design although good quality material, it takes a while to open or close it.

Thanks guys

is there any bag that allows us to remove our gear on e go other than tamrac 3375, 3385

fastpack from lowepro, along with slingshot, many many brands, go and browse LOWEPRO, TAMRAC, KATA, all of these would have offerings that do what you desire.

that said, i like my digital rucksack, it is one of the better laptop/camera combination backpacks that i have used. decent ergonomics.. my only complaint is that i wish it wasn't so thick.. but it is already significantly thinner than similar offerings like lowepro compudaypack, so i'm not complaining.

Only thing I'm familiar with is that the 466 may not fit a 15" notebook. Try before you buy!

My friend ask me to look at lowepro fastpack 250. Looks reasonable with side access

Status
Not open for further replies.