Can use Digital camera on flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staro

Nov 30, 2008
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495122

The picture was a great and very creative shot. Well done.

The picture re-call my memories and just like to know if DSLRs are allowed to shot when the plan is in the air.

I was told by an air hostess not to used it when plane is flying, sometime last year, while shooting through the windows on the clouds, on SQ.

Since than, I am not sure if I can use or not, (and never dare to use again) :sweat:

(Sorry, if the subject has been discussed before. Please re-direct me to any threads that has this topic).

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495122

The picture was a great and very creative shot. Well done.

The picture re-call my memories and just like to know if DSLRs are allowed to shot when the plan is in the air.

I was told by an air hostess not to used it when plane is flying, sometime last year, while shooting through the windows on the clouds, on SQ.

Since than, I am not sure if I can use or not, (and never dare to use again) :sweat:

(Sorry, if the subject has been discussed before. Please re-direct me to any threads that has this topic).

When i visited South Korea nearly 2 years ago, i brought 2 cameras - one is my DSLR and the other a PnS. I knew i would be taking pics on the plane so only took out my PnS. There are also numerous passengers on board holding their cameras and no issues at all too.

In fact, u can take pics while in flight but not when aircraft is taking off or landing. U can do it anyway, but don't get found out.

Last edited:
Toby Ziegler said:
We're flying in a Lockheed Eagle series L1011. It came off the line 20 months ago. It carries a Sim-5 Transponder tracking system. Are you telling me I can still flummox this thing with something I bought at Radio Shack?

:bsmilie:

anyways, by right, no problem in the air, once seatbelt sign off between take off and landing.

to be honest, i doubt there is a problem during these times either, but i don't think the risk is worth taking, and just follow the rules lor,.

Last edited:
Most airlines promote the following, "Electronic devices to be turned off during take off and landing." Although this includes digital cameras as well, I've never been told to keep it. Staff have no issues with photography on board once we're in the air as long as I don't get in their way. Even manage to chat up with one stewardess that way.

Could there be a different in guidelines amongst the different Airlines? :think:

No problem... I always shoot on board flight as well...
The only problem I face is getting a window seat... :)

There are already tests going on for usage of handphones during flight. So what harm can a camera do? Although, I will miss the quietness of flights once Tom, Dick and Harry (and their girlfriends) start using their handphones ...

all electronic items have to be switch off during taking and landing... during flight is ok to use except for mobile phones... so cam is ok

I remember back in the days of Polaroid, the stewards and stewardesses were taking Polaroid photos of passengers and giving them the Polariod prints.

Well, I do shoot on the plane with both my dSLR and my compact camera. No issues with either.

my last flight from sg, on Emirates, the stewardess were doing just that. wasn't sure what model it was - very large plastic blue one.

i used my DSLR out throughout the flight with no issue.

my last flight from sg, on Emirates, the stewardess were doing just that. wasn't sure what model it was - very large plastic blue one.

i used my DSLR out throughout the flight with no issue.

Yup! I flew Emirates too!

Still not very certain.:dunno:

However, what about doing a video clip with my other camera onboard, the D90's video clips?

I usually have all the pictures + video cips, together making it into a DVD movie for viewing and handouts to travel mates.

Your comments are good as it put our community into a "safe and enjoyable mode". :)

I think it's just the landing and take-off... If you managed to take it during the time without being found out - that's ok I supposed... I had even worst issue than just taking photo. I prefer to wear ear plugs (ok, not exactly ear plugs but using my IEM to double up as ear plugs) to help with the noise and air pressure (while acending or descending), and for that, in SQ flights, it's a no go!!! They would say it's a safety issue!

Its ok to use a camera after take-off and before landing, just remember to be respectful of other passengers.

I always sit back and relax my ride.

Airline is a private business, and we are on privately owned craft. I have no qualms of people taking pictures on board. But if they have ground rules within their comfort limits, just follow them instead of secretly challenging them. If their ruling allows cameras, so be it, but do not disturb the peace of other passengers.

Ryan

i believe it's quite subjective from airline to airline, airplane to airplane, air attendant to air attendant. some allows & some don't.
so i just shoot until they stop me. only thing is that i don't use flash so there's no inconvenience caused to other passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.