can true friends be found at the workplace?

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast
Yes.
Good, true friends can come into one's life anywhere and any time.
Just that the friendship, like any other relationship, needs to be cultivated and nurtured continuously.
Otherwise it will die of a natural death.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Yes.
Good, true friends can come into one's life anywhere and any time.
Just that the friendship, like any other relationship, needs to be cultivated and nurtured continuously.
Otherwise it will die of a natural death.
perhaps, but just at very low numbers i guess. when self interest comes to mind... :dunno:

cks2k2

Feb 12, 2009
perhaps, but just at very low numbers i guess. when self interest comes to mind... :dunno:
I've had some pretty bad experiences in my old job. Now my official policy is I don't hang out with colleagues after work or join any gatherings. I don't even eat lunch with anyone.

voxies09

Apr 11, 2010
Singapore
I've had some pretty bad experiences in my old job. Now my official policy is I don't hang out with colleagues after work or join any gatherings. I don't even eat lunch with anyone.
Wah so serious? Dont sit at the corner alone. Whats ur bad exp?

Yutaka Go

May 22, 2010
SG
what do you think? :dunno:
Yes. But it depend on where you work.

My job performance is too outstanding and my co-workers feel that I will replace them or become their boss so they back stab me whenever they have the opportunity.
My 1st and 2nd job have too much of this kind of office politics.

My current job have little office politics so it is easier for me to make friends.

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
Supported! colleagues are like double edged sword at times. you will regret saying thing that should not have said.

especially telling your close colleague that you going to resign etc...

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Yup, I guess there can never be true friends at work. I'm hoping to find some true friends. At the end of the day, whenever self-interest comes to mind, people will just go back to workmate relationship. :cry:

Sep 28, 2006
well i guess its like tikam la.. me and my colleagues are close but i dont hang with all of them la .. only that few..

razor

May 3, 2003
Woody Land
www.razin-photography.com
maybe..

throughout my years at work, i knew 3 couples that met at work and got married, but this is < 5% of the number of colleagues and ex-colleagues i had work with...

so its possible but rare to have...

dreaming

Oct 22, 2006
maybe..

throughout my years at work, i knew 3 couples that met at work and got married, but this is < 5% of the number of colleagues and ex-colleagues i had work with...

so its possible but rare to have...
when it comes to couples, it is understandable. cause they will sacrifice for each other. my workplace has plenty, but all work in diff department.

when comes to colleagues, promotion/KPI/bonus/jealousy/salary will ruin everything

I have seen married couple in same dept having lunch together, with same colleagues. (at home, at bed, over e wkend) dont they get tired of seeing each other?

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
I thought I found some, only to be disappointed. :cry:

Thing is I feel it's really hard to 'be professional' all the time, putting on a cold face with no emotions just performing the work. Or worse, a fake smiley face.

Oct 30, 2007
www.flickr.com
consider that we see our koligs at work more than we see our family members...it's inevitable friendships develop...sometimes to a level exceeding those of the spouses...

Top Bottom